Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Stooges-related DVD news from Warners

Offline BeAStooge

March 29, several execs from Warner Home Video participated in an online chat. Not too many specifics were revealed in the 3-hour chat, but a couple DVD items with Stooges-related connections were mentioned…

- In 2006, there will be a "Clark Gable Collection" box set.  Although not mentioned specifically in the chat, past comments from WB said that the newly restored version of DANCING LADY (1933) is scheduled for this set.

- Later in 2005, there will be a "THIN MAN Collection" box set.  Shemp appeared in ANOTHER THIN MAN (1939).

- In 2006, there will be a "Jean Harlow Collection" box set.  Reportedly, it will include two Harlow films costarring Ted Healy, BOMBSHELL (1933) and RECKLESS (1935).

- All 48 Bowery Boys films (Monogram 1946 - 1958) will come out in several box sets throughout 2006. No Stooge appearances in these films, but Emil Sitka did have small roles in a few, Elwood Ullman and Ed Bernds wrote/directed many of the 1952 - 1956 entries, Christine McIntyre and RHYTHM & WEEP's Nita Bieber costarred in 1947's NEWSHOUNDS, etc.; there's still a fair share of interesting connections.

Offline soiently64

Looks like I will be picking up afew of those DVDs, some rare stuff to add to my collection.

Offline Hammond Eggar

I am glad to see that a Clark Gable box set is being released.  Does anyone know if it will be handled in the same manner as the Hitchcock and Marx Brothers boxes, in that some of the titles will be issued individually?  I would certainly like to add "Dancing Lady" to my collection.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline triso

Hi.

Did they mention if they were going to be colorizing any of the films?  It would be great to see Asta in his original  powder-blue fur and I have heard that Christine McIntyre ate a lot of celery and had green skin.  I can't wait.

;D

What does feedin' the lions got ta do wit' us?  Hmmph!