Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Three Stooges Scrapbook - New Edition Coming March 2012

Linked Events

• The Three Stooges Scrapbook (new edition): March 05, 2012 - March 11, 2012

Offline BeAStooge

The Three Stooges Scrapbook, by Jeff & Greg Lenburg and Joan Howard Maurer, has a new edition coming April 1 March 5, 2012.  A pre-order listing at Amazon indicates this will be from Chicago Review Press, 304 pages, with new material, updates and corrections; prior editions (1982 - 1999) came in at 288 pages.

Amazon.com pre-order listing

Three Stooges bibliography

« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 02:40:36 PM by BeAStooge »

Offline falsealarms

This is going to be a must get -- and I LOVE that cover. A terrific design, IMO. A pre-order price of $15.61 is a steal.

Probably no coincidence that this is being released around the time the "new" Stooge movie hits theatres.

Offline Curly4444

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
What would be the price if i walked into a book store?

$22.95 is the list price.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Curly4444

Offline ProfessorStooge

I can't wait to buy a copy of this book. Since this is an updated edition, I should expect information about the new movie.

Offline falsealarms

Amazon says this will be in stock on Monday while bn.com says it ships in 24 hours. Surprising, as the release date is a month away.

According to Amazon, BN, and the publisher's website, the book will be 368 pages. The previous belief was that it would be 304 pages.

Offline BeAStooge

Amazon says this will be in stock on Monday while bn.com says it ships in 24 hours. Surprising, as the release date is a month away.

According to Amazon, BN, and the publisher's website, the book will be 368 pages. The previous belief was that it would be 304 pages.

Inclusive of Title/Foreword/Preface/Acknowledgements, it is 368 pages.

Without going into details, the additional 80+ pages are combinations of...
 -  A slightly expanded typesetting in the general text, making it much easier to read than earlier editions, and a larger print font for the Filmography section
 -  Additional images
 -  Fills in and reports on relevant events of the past 30 years
 -  MOST IMPORTANTLY, it incorporates information and corrections, historical and filmography-related, that have come to light over the past 30 years, e.g., from The Three Stooges Journal, ThreeStooges.net, and other sources.

I haven't done a complete reading, but the Lenburg brothers, with Joan Howard-Maurer, have put together a full-faith effort to maintain the book's 30-year reputation as "the official Three Stooges bible."  I'm not going to sit down and compare editions, but from what I've seen, I'm very impressed with the result.

I can't wait to buy a copy of this book. Since this is an updated edition, I should expect information about the new movie.

Thankfully, respect for The Three Stooges has won out.  The Farrelly project has been limited to one paragraph in the expanded "Impersonators" chapter; same for Gibson's 2000 TV movie.