Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

March Edition of Classic Images

Offline hiramhorwitz

I just received the March 2012 edition of Classic Images and was thrilled to see Nick Thomas's article entitled "Moe Howard and His Stooges: The Most Gentle and Kind Man I Have Ever Met."

The article is an excerpt from Thomas's new book titled "Raised by the Stars: Interviews with 29 Children of Hollywood Actors" and contains comments about Moe from his children Joan and Paul, as well as from supporting players Nita Bieber, Joan Freeman, Greta Thyssen, Nancy Kovack, and Johnny Ginger.  The article is accompanied by several photographs that fan club members will recognize, including two capturing the exterior and interior of The Stoogeum.

This article definitely whets my appetite for reading Thomas's unabridged chapter on Moe Howard, as well as making me anxious for the publication of Joan and Paul's "Stooge Kid" memoirs.

If you don't already subscribe to Classic Images, this is as good an excuse as any.  See www.classicimages.com for details.  This is the one publication (besides The Three Stooges Journal) I subscribe to and never regret.