Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Whitney Houston - 48

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
In what should be surprising to absolutely no one considering her love of crack and other hard drugs Whitney Houston has died today.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/obit/story/2012-02-11/whitney-houston/53053070/1
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

xraffle

That is sad. I can't believe the way people throw their life away. A lot of people would do anything to have half the talent they have, yet those that have it waste it away.

Offline Curly4444

So sad to hear this, she was so talented. Too bad drugs got the best of her.

Offline Liz

• Donald O'Connor's and Gene Kelly's #1 Fan
  • Puddinhead
    • The Psycho Ward's Classic Film Reviews - Request a film to be reviewed!

Offline vomit

In what should be surprising to absolutely no one considering her love of crack and other hard drugs Whitney Houston has died today.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/obit/story/2012-02-11/whitney-houston/53053070/1

Precisely.  When my wife told me this last night I said, "What took her so long?"

Crack is whack, indeed.
Specto Caelum!

Offline metaldams

Throw me into the I think it's very sad but I'm still not shocked camp.  Her 18 year old daughter has been hospitalized since.  No doubt losing your mother suddenly is tough, having the media look for every detail behind the death and every celebrity use this as an opportunity for a soundbite has to make this worse.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Throw me into the I think it's very sad but I'm still not shocked camp.  Her 18 year old daughter has been hospitalized since.  No doubt losing your mother suddenly is tough, having the media look for every detail behind the death and every celebrity use this as an opportunity for a soundbite has to make this worse.

That's who I feel for in this whole mess; not Whitney or her fans but for her daughter who is left to deal with all of this bullshit. Details are slowly coming out that she actually ODed on prescription meds and drowned in the tub. Pot is illegal, yet I don't hear any stories about someone getting so high they drown in the tub on it.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

xraffle

According to the latest news I heard, Whitney Houston died from taking a mixture of alcohol and medication. It wasn't crack that killed her.