Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

4 Wheeler & Woolsey Features From the Warner Archive

Linked Events

• Wheeler & Woolsey DVDs at the Warner Archive: February 14, 2012 - February 20, 2012

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
ClassicFlix reports that Warner Archive will release four Wheeler & Woolsey titles in the coming weeks.

Note:  The March 27 date noted by ClassicFlix is that site's availability date.  Warner Archive will release the titles on February 14; WA has them available for pre-order.

From ClassicFlix...
Diplomaniacs (1933) - Bert Wheeler, Robert Woolsey, Marjorie White, Phyllis Barry, Louis Calhern
 -  Kentucky Kernels (1934) - Bert Wheeler, Robert Woolsey, Mary Carlisle, George 'Spanky' McFarland, Noah Beery
 -  On Again Off Again (1937) - Bert Wheeler, Robert Woolsey, Marjorie Lord
 -  The Rainmakers (1935) - Bert Wheeler, Robert Woolsey, Dorothy Lee, Berton Churchill, George Meeker

Offline hiramhorwitz

That's great news!  Any chance this release would feature interviews with surviving cast members Mary Carlisle (who turned 100 last week) and Marjorie Lord?

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Any chance this release would feature interviews with surviving cast members Mary Carlisle (who turned 100 last week) and Marjorie Lord?

Don't expect.  With rare exceptions, Warner Archive DVDs do not include bonus features other than trailers, if the trailers still exist in Warner's vault.

Offline metaldams

ClassicFlix reports that Warner Archive will release four Wheeler & Woolsey titles in the coming weeks.

Note:  The March 27 date noted by ClassicFlix is that site's availability date.  Warner Archive will release the titles (estimated) late February / early March; WA hasn't made a pre-order announcement yet.

From ClassicFlix...

I have 3 out of the 4 on DVR already, never saw THE RAINMAKERS.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline healyhouston

I have a few W&W films on DVD, why funny todays audiences wouldnt sit thru them, too much singing and dancing.  By the way W&W where much more famous than the Stooges in the 1930s.  W&W stard in features and the Stooges in shorts for a poverty row studio

Offline Jamison

A little of W&W has always gone a long way with me. But I do like HOLD 'EM, JAIL I'm also curious about seeing DIPLOMANIACS to compare it with DUCK SOUP.