The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

THE THREE STOOGES (2000) TV Movie to MOD-DVD, March 6

Linked Events

• THE THREE STOOGES (2000) on DVD: March 06, 2012 - March 12, 2012

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
The Digital Bits reports that Sony will release THE THREE STOOGES (2000), the "biography" TV-movie to DVD on March 6.

This is an MOD DVD-r, part of Sony's "Columbia Classics" library.  Not sold in stores, "Columbia Classics" are offered thru WB's "Warner Archive;" selected online sellers like Amazon also sell the line.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 10:02:39 AM by BeAStooge »

Offline horwitz-halfwits

• Team Howard
  • Grapehead
  • Stooge it to the man!
Yes! Finally! I've been waiting for this moment. Ever since I watched this movie on Netflix I've been dying to know if it was ever on DVD. At first I thought it was only for TV. Anyway, I've seen it at least 3 times already and each and every time I cry at the part when Curly dies. It's a sad tale, but otherwise told greatly, although in my opinion I don't think it was 100% accurate w/ details. It's still worth it! :D I would sure like to get my hands on this one... >:D
<3 Green Day~Jeff Dunham~King of the Hill <3

"When I want your advice I'll ask for it!" - Moe Howard
"If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking til you do succeed." - Curly Howard

Offline ProfessorStooge

This is some exciting news. Although some of the events depicted were incorrect, I am definitely going to buy it this spring.

Offline QuinceHead

This is great news!  :D

I've been wanting to see this for ages, so I'll have to get my pre-order in...

For duty and humanity,
JohnH aka QuinceHead

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Amazon has this for sale already on VHS no less!

That is a 3rd-party Marketplace Seller on Amazon, selling a 2000 Emmy-nomination promotional VHS.

Offline Myren

That is a 3rd-party Marketplace Seller on Amazon, selling a 2000 Emmy-nomination promotional VHS.

I was just kidding about that. But I for one, am still waiting for it to come out on Laser Disc!

Offline Myren

The Digital Bits reports that Sony will release THE THREE STOOGES (2000), the "biography" TV-movie to DVD on March 6.

This is an MOD DVD-r, part of Sony's "Columbia Classics" library.  Not sold in stores, "Columbia Classics" are offered thru WB's "Warner Archive;" selected online sellers like Amazon also sell the line.

So has this dropped on Amazon yet? Or do you have a link to where this can be purchased?
Thanks! ;D

Offline ProfessorStooge

I ordered a copy this morning along with The Lost Stooges. I kept wondering if a DVD release would ever happen.

Offline Myren

Thanks falsealarms. (I had looked for it on amazon and it did not come up)

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=three+stooges+2000+amazon+dvd-r

ROFL That is one of the coolest, genuinely funny things I have seen on the Internets. Has that been around for awhile or is it something new?

Edit: 2009, so still fairly new. That really is one of the most ingenious Internet burns I have ever seen.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Myren

ROFL That is one of the coolest, genuinely funny things I have seen on the Internets. Has that been around for awhile or is it something new?

Edit: 2009, so still fairly new. That really is one of the most ingenious Internet burns I have ever seen.

Shemp#1, when searching amazon on the stated release date the product did not come up. Also when searching it is just listed as Three Stooges, The (2000) (2000) not Three Stooges TV Movie.
http://www.amazon.com/Three-Stooges-The-Michael-Chiklis/dp/B0074JOVTQ/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331313277&sr=8-1-fkmr0

And I did not scroll through all 100 pages of listings. Guess I got a bit lazy.

Not trying to start anything, just saying. Then again I guess I am internet retarded. :P

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Shemp#1, when searching amazon on the stated release date the product did not come up. Also when searching it is just listed as Three Stooges, The (2000) (2000) not Three Stooges TV Movie.
http://www.amazon.com/Three-Stooges-The-Michael-Chiklis/dp/B0074JOVTQ/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331313277&sr=8-1-fkmr0

And I did not scroll through all 100 pages of listings. Guess I got a bit lazy.

Not trying to start anything, just saying. Then again I guess I am internet retarded. :P

It was nothing against you, I just liked the burn. I can't tell you how many times I have been asked questions that could be easily answered with a Google search.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline JazzBill

ROFL That is one of the coolest, genuinely funny things I have seen on the Internets.
I can't wait to use this the next time my wife asks me something stupid.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Myren

Yea, shemps#1 I feel a bit retarded about that. Kinda got pie on my face.  [pie]

Offline locoboymakesgood

I knew something was fishy when I saw this thread had 15 replies. As it turns out most of them aren't even related to the movie. ;)
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline Myren

So has anyone gotten their copy of this yet? And how is the quality of it?

Offline archiezappa

Offline Samuelc79

DVDTalk gave this a "highly recommended" rating -

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/55807/three-stooges-2000-the/

It looks good, I'm sad, I'm hard of hearing, and this movie lacks subtitles, so I will not buy it!
The Stooges are the best thing that happened to me.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
It looks good, I'm sad, I'm hard of hearing, and this movie lacks subtitles, so I will not buy it!

Trust me Sam, you are really not missing out on anything. The new theatrical film is better than the Mel Gibson TV biopic. My better half is Totally Deaf (120+ dBHL in one ear and 115 dBHL in the other) so I do sympathize about the lack of subtitles and know how much it sucks since most of the time if a show or movie does not subs or CC we have to pass it up.

Offline locoboymakesgood

I'm almost ashamed to admit that I avoided this movie for years and even intentionally didn't watch it when it first aired back in 2000 because I thought the drama and "truth behind the scenes" would have really skewed my view on the boys. I mean I knew a lot of their back story growing up because of the scrapbook and various other things I had read over the years, but at the time the movie was being touted as an accurate biopic.

I finally gave in a few years back and watched it on YouTube and it really was just an awful mess. It didn't do anything to change my view on what I had already known. In fact overall, it was just bad.

You're not missing out on anything if you haven't seen it.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)