Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

S&C's MONKEES ARTICLE

Guest · 6 · 1704

stooged and confused

Hey guys and gals. Things have been pretty busy so I haven't been on the boards much, but I just had my Monkees story/interview for Goldmine go digital and thought I'd post it for you all to see.

I know some are huge Monkees fans (Jazz Bill) and others are not (Shemps#1). Some are just into music in general (Metaldams).

Let me know what you think!

Rock on!

http://www.goldminemag.com/article/the-monkees-still-have-plenty-to-say

Offline metaldams

Nice job bro.  I appreciate the fact you throw in a reference to the Married With Children episode with Anthrax too, an all-time favorite of mine!

How do you get a gig at a place like Goldmine?
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline archiezappa

Very nice article.  I really enjoyed reading that.  Yes, I am a huge Monkees fan!

Offline middlenamewayne

Hey guys and gals. I know some are huge Monkees fans (Jazz Bill) and others are not (Shemps#1). Some are just into music in general (Metaldams).

So what am I, clam chowder?

Anyway, I posted a comment after your article relating to the Stooges portion.

Oh, as long as we're talking 'bout music, I FINALLY figured out where I got the (false) idea that The Sex Pistols' Malcolm MacLaren had a big UK hit with the 3 Stooges' Bickie Bye. His hit was Buffalo Gals, of course, but I at last realized that Danny Elfman/Oingo Boingo were the ones who did Bickie Bye -- in the cult punk movie The Forbidden Zone! (You can find the clip on Youtube easily enuff without my searching for it now).

-- mnw

Offline jesster64

I enjoyed the article. I'm a huge Monkees fan. I still throw on a best of CD when I'm driving home. Keeps me from road rage. "Head" was a bad movie, unwatchable. The music, however they did it, was/is fantastic. I have 3 of the monkees autographs on a monkeemobile, if only nesmith would get off his high horse. I've seen torks band, shoe sued blues play. I enjoyed them, except he does a version of auntie grizelda that makes fun of his fans, which I didn't appreciate.