Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

3 Stooges Ultimate Collection DVD, June 5

BeAStooge · 360 · 94454

Linked Events

• Three Stooges Ultimate Collection DVD: June 05, 2012 - June 11, 2012

I bought a Rare Treasures only disc of of Amazon.  I didn't have to double dip.  It was only $25 which is what I would pay if it were released alone. I thought there would be a problem, but there was none, except the packaging, which is Sony's fault.   Like others have said, its always interesting  to see other Columbia product with Stooge regulars.  Now for the Blu-Ray of these.
"Excuse me fellows, I have a terrible cramp!" - Schmool Horwitz, 1911

ThumpTheShoes

So I finally got "The Ultimate Collection" set. And I was just wondering if anyone else disliked the way the "Rare Treasures" discs where packed? All there discs just stack on top of one another? They should have packed them like all the other sets with a center holder. Oh well nothing some extra sleeves will not fix.

I had no problems with the spindle design for the set. Really, I'd say it is not ideal, but for sets of no more than 2-3 single sided discs it works just fine. I could only watch one or two shorts at a time so the discs got a fair amount of handling and shuffling-- no scratches though. And the spindle still holds everything in place nicely.

At least this set wasn't packaged in one of those overlapping dvd cases, where you have to, first, push the disc away from a springy-clamp thing and then, second, lift up and away from the case.

An example from http://www.bullseyedisc.com:

The Complete Tom and Jerry region 2 dvd was like that. Nice set, but getting those double sided discs in and out of the case takes practice.

Offline Myren

ThumpTheShoes I agree that is way worse! Also do not know if you have seen the SLIDERS season 1 & 2 packaging. That is the worst packaging I have ever seen.

Offline Stooges#1

So I finally got "The Ultimate Collection" set. And I was just wondering if anyone else disliked the way the "Rare Treasures" discs where packed? All there discs just stack on top of one another? They should have packed them like all the other sets with a center holder. Oh well nothing some extra sleeves will not fix.

This is what I bought. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DVD-COVER-CASES-CLEAR-SINGLE-3-DISC-14MM-5-Pk-/160532573794?pt=Blank_Media&hash=item25607cae62

I have plenty of those cases at home, but live in Australia so cant really send them around. Try going to a bargain bin and buy a 3-disc TV Set just for the case. If you can buy one for very cheap to make the purchase worthwhile you should do it. Right now my DVD's sit in one of those cases which fit in the Ultimate Collection box perfectly. I've been on Ebay.com (US) and the prices are ridiculous on there. As soon as I got my UC the first thing I did was changing the case. It's not as if there's a 3-Disc case shortage we don't know about or something.

Offline archiezappa

I did not get the "Ultimate Collection," but I did buy "Rare Treasures" when the price dropped to a reasonable amount.  I've watched all the Shemps.  Hilarious!  I'm about halfway through the Joe Besser shorts. 

This material is really good.  I'm enjoying this set very much. 

Offline QuinceHead

Hey everyone!

I was at a Best Buy today and saw that they have this Ultimate Collection DVD box set on sale again -- for $39.99!!  :o

This is about five bucks cheaper than the original pre-order release price, so if you're looking for a cost-effective holiday gift for that Stoogephile in your life...

For duty and humanity,
JohnH aka QuinceHead

Offline Paul Allen

I was at a Best Buy today and saw that they have this Ultimate Collection DVD box set on sale again -- for $39.99!!  :o

This is about five bucks cheaper than the original pre-order release price, so if you're looking for a cost-effective holiday gift for that Stoogephile in your life...
Yes... Yes, Yes... Yes, Yes, Yes! [3stooges]

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=841882255979371945&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=the+three+stooges+ultimate+collection&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

[cool]

Offline QuinceHead

Offline QuinceHead

Also, for those interested, it appears that F.Y.E. has the Ultimate Collection DVD box set on sale for $39.99 as well!

For duty and humanity,
JohnH aka QuinceHead