Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

3 Stooges Ultimate Collection DVD, June 5

BeAStooge · 360 · 95816

Linked Events

• Three Stooges Ultimate Collection DVD: June 05, 2012 - June 11, 2012

Offline archiezappa

Screw the DVDs, I want the time machine instead!  ;D

Yeah, with the time machine we wouldn't need the DVD's.  We could just go back in time and see the films during their original run in theaters.  We could also see the Stooges in vaudeville.  Marty McFly just wasn't ambitious enough.

Offline Sean Ferguson

Do not post the same thing multiple times, this is called SPAMMING and is against the rules. This is just a friendly warning, any further spamming will result in corrective action. S#1
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 05:04:24 AM by shemps#1 »

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
For those of you who may be wondering about the Marquee style warning, the old warning system is nowhere to be found.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Sean Ferguson

Posting something once in two different threads shouldn't be considered spamming and that wasn't my intention either. In fact, I don't know why you've deleted my link since it pertains to the ultimate collection which I reviewed. How is posting a link to my review for the very topic of the thread spam? The only other post I included my link was in the thread: Re: Get your Stooge DVD/Blu Ray reviews here, which is a totally separate thread. By deleting my post, you just removed my link in the very thread my review should have appeared in which seems unwarranted and overzealous. If you wanted to remove one of my two posts, it would have made more sense to remove it from the general DVD thread that the one devoted to the ultimate collection.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I don't really care which post I kept up: that's not the point. The point is you made the exact same post no less than three times. One I kept up, one I deleted from this thread without telling anyone and currently sits in the scrap heap on the admin board where all deleted posts go, and the second one you posted here which now has my marquee message up there. I call that spamming and it's my opinion that counts in this scenario, mine. If you feel so strongly that I have wronged you you are free to leave.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Sean Ferguson

Thank you for your friendly welcome to these boards. According my profile I had made two posts one each in different threads. One of the threads was for dvd reviews and the other one was for the ultimate collection itself. Doesn't it make sense that I would add a link to my review in both of those threads since it was a dvd review and it pertains to the ultimate collection. If I posted it to multiple threads that had nothing to do with the collection or dvd reviews, I would agree that I was spamming but I did not. After reading many comments debating the value of the new set, I thought your readers might like to read a review of it and at least one of your readers complimented me on it. By deleting my post, you've eliminated another source of information for your readers. I'm fully aware that you are the moderator of these boards, but you might try to be a little friendlier in your approach to new visitors.

Offline JazzBill

I'm fully aware that you are the moderator of these boards, but you might try to be a little friendlier in your approach to new visitors.

He was being friendly. You should see him when he isn't friendly.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline archiezappa

I'm fully aware that you are the moderator of these boards, but you might try to be a little friendlier in your approach to new visitors.

I've seen people with your attitude come and go so many times on this board that it ain't even funny.  Spam is spam and denial is the first sign of addiction, knucklehead!

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
He was being friendly. You should see him when he isn't friendly.

Yeah, what he said!

I've seen people with your attitude come and go so many times on this board that it ain't even funny.  Spam is spam and denial is the first sign of addiction, knucklehead!

What he said too!

I don't understand why you are even having this argument because you can't win it. What I deleted was not "source of information" but another plug for your website. I allowed you one plug because it is pertinent to the site, but one is all you need. It all doesn't matter though; it's a rather fruitless fight on your behalf and can only go downhill.

I found the warning system tucked away somewhere, it doesn't show up under the person's name anymore though.

xraffle

I believe falsealarms created that review thread specifically for reviews only. So, I think it's only fair that Sean Ferguson's review gets posted there and no where else. Just my 2 cents.

Offline archiezappa

I believe falsealarms created that review thread specifically for reviews only. So, I think it's only fair that Sean Ferguson's review gets posted there and no where else. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, nothing against Sean.  He just needs to post the review once, in the appropriate section, and then move on.  If he wants to get his number of posts going, he just needs to engage in the various discussions going on.  That's what I did when I got started on here.

Offline Stooges#1

Since buying the Ultimate Collection on release I must say it ended up being an excellent decision. I gave my brother the volumes he didn't already have (3-8) and because he often comes around to my house telling me what shorts he had watched and describing funny scenes I have done the same and have watched quite a few discs.

Before buying the Ultimate Collection the last Stooges I watched was volume 8 in 2010 and the early ones as far back as 5 years ago, so you could say I've gotten right back into watching them. The break did me good too as I'm finding myself belly laughing now due to not being over-exposed.

So it turned out not being such a terrible idea to double-dip.

Offline archiezappa

I saw the Ultimate Collection at Best Buy, yesterday.  I got so mad that I walked out of the store.  Sony really screwed us over on this deal.  I'll be buying Rare Treasures separately.  Hopefully, I'll be doing that soon.

I spent years buying those DVD sets.  To see that Ultimate Collection in person, really made me realize what a disgrace this is.  >:(

Offline pipboytaylor

Yeah, it was a poor choice on there part not to release it separately but I did buy it when it was on sale and sold all of my extra sets for 5$ each, so I ended up paying about $5 for the extra discs. It was worth the extra hassle.

Offline Bum

Yeah, it was a poor choice on there part not to release it separately but I did buy it when it was on sale and sold all of my extra sets for 5$ each, so I ended up paying about $5 for the extra discs. It was worth the extra hassle.

Yeah, I caved in and double-dipped too, but it was cool; I bought it on Amazon for $45, sold the dupe sets to a friend [who only owned Volume 1 and had no desire for the bonus stuff] for $35, and he in turn sold his Volume 1 dupe for $10, so everyone made out pretty good. Twenty years ago, I bought 2 VHS bootlegs of unrestored Shemp/Besser/Derita shorts for $20 each, so I feel I have nothing to complain about in 2012.

Here's my plan:  The next release will be a Blu-ray release of 8 separate volumes without the Rare Treasures.  Then two years later Sony will release a Blu-Ray box set with all  8 volumes and the Rare Treasures set in Hi-Def.  Then I will buy it.  I hope I live long enough.
"Excuse me fellows, I have a terrible cramp!" - Schmool Horwitz, 1911

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Despite my revulsion at the thought of aiding an attorney in anyway possible, the shorts are not available on Netflix. I know the crappy TV movie from 2000 is up there.

Offline Herman

Anyone know if the the new ninth set in the box set, three discs titled "The Three Stooges: Rare Treasures From the Columbia Vault'' will be released as a standalone set for those who bought the earlier eight sets and want to avoid extreme double-dipping?

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
This has been discussed ad nauseum in the thread I am going to combine with this one. No, they aren't going to release the bonus set separately.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I don't know if everyone can see the Facebook comment or if you have to be logged into Facebook to see it, so I'll copy and paste it into the thread proper:

rmw30 (signed in using yahoo)
Just wanted to add that I just spoke with someone at Sony HE and they sent me this notice with regards to the possible separate availability of this set, and it looks like it will NOT be happening...here is the notice verbatim...

Dear Richard,

Thank you for your e-mail. We appreciate your interest in Sony Pictures Home.
Entertainment (SPHE) products.

The Three Stooges Rare Treasures DVD set, unfortunately will not be released.
seperately by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. You may find the Three Stooges.
Rare Treasures DVD set sold seperately on www.amazon.com, www.ebay.com, or other.
similar shopping sites.

Thank you for your continued patronage and for taking the time to contact us.

Regards,

Brian Griffin
SPHE Consumer Affairs.

There you have it and that's strictly from them. Wish I had better news and hate double-dipping but it is what it is, I suppose.

Offline Herman

Shemps#1-
I'm sorry, I was just asking. Hope I didn't offend you.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Shemps#1-
I'm sorry, I was just asking. Hope I didn't offend you.

Not at all Herman, I was just answering your question and directing you to this thread in case you didn't realize there is already a discussion about your question. No need to apologize for asking a question.

Offline Myren

Offline Myren

So I finally got "The Ultimate Collection" set. And I was just wondering if anyone else disliked the way the "Rare Treasures" discs where packed? All there discs just stack on top of one another? They should have packed them like all the other sets with a center holder. Oh well nothing some extra sleeves will not fix.