Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Three Stooges Rare Treasures Individual Release?

ILMM · 11 · 3878

Offline ILMM

On Amazon.com under the listing for the second-hand seller's, they have a listing saying it
will be released on jan.1 2013. You can pre-order and its says it's sold by Amazon.
Does anyone know anything about this?

"That must be Nick Barker.... he's disguised as a black banana."-Shemp

Offline Paul Allen

On Amazon.com under the listing for the second-hand seller's, they have a listing saying it
will be released on jan.1 2013. You can pre-order and its says it's sold by Amazon.
That's very interesting especially since SONY led us to believe that it wouldn't be released on its own!

>> http://www.amazon.com/Three-Stooges-Treasures-Columbia-Pictures/dp/B00AIA89J6/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1356064347&sr=1-2&keywords=the+three+stooges+rare+treasures
Us --->[pie]<--- Sony

Hey! This is my 100th post! I've been promoted to a Bonehead!! [cool]

ThumpTheShoes

Wasn't the statement from Sony something like we have no plans to release it? Looks like they changed those plans. No matter, since Amazon Marketplace sellers have been selling the set for less, anyway.
As of now, new Treasures sets are still being offered for $21 or less.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

Sony announced two months ago it was releasing "Treasures From the Vault" individually on January 1, 2013.  This edition is a MOD, part of its "Columbia Choice Collection" line of DVD-r's.

Offline ILMM

Sony announced two months ago it was releasing "Treasures From the Vault" individually on January 1, 2013.  This edition is an MOD, part of its "Columbia Choice Collection" line of DVD-r's.

Thank you.
"That must be Nick Barker.... he's disguised as a black banana."-Shemp

Offline sandmountainslim

I ordered Treasures From The Vault by itself from Amazon today.   I already have the Three Stooges Collection in individual volumes. 
I also ordered Three Stooges Meet Hercules on DVD, Snow White and The Three Stooges and Around The World In A Daze along with the new Three Stooges theatrical film.   
Once I have all of these what Stooge films will my collection be missing?    I have loved the Three Stooges since I was a kid in the 70's and my 6 year old daughter loves them as much as I do.   She is finishing Volume 8 right now and wants to start back at the beginning when done :)   

Offline Paul Allen

Offline Paul Allen

In my humble opinion, Meet The Baron is a more entertaining movie than Gold Raiders, but you can get both on one disc for a good price.

If you appreciate Shemp Howard's humor you might want to order Volume One of his VITAPHONE comedy shorts especially while it's on sale for only $20.97 >> http://www.wbshop.com/product/the+vitaphone+comedy+collection+volume+one++roscoe+fatty+arbuckleshemp+howard+19321934+1000207456.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=Search

Offline sandmountainslim

Got these in the mail the other day and ordered a few more Stooge classics :)    So far I am loving the Shemp solo shorts.