Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

King of the Hill: Stooges reference

Offline horwitz-halfwits

• Team Howard
  • Grapehead
  • Stooge it to the man!
In Season 3 Episode 45 called "A Firefighting We Will Go", after Hank starts arguing w/ his pals over how they aren't doing their jobs right in the firehouse, Dale Gribble starts singing "B A Bay, B E Bee, B I Bickey-Bi B O Bo..." in order to drown Hank's voice out in annoyance. Upon first seeing this episode about a year or two back, I had no idea about this song. But now that I am more familiar w/ the stooges and their gags/antics, I realized this is the song that Moe starts singing in Violent Is the Word for Curly (1938).
<3 Green Day~Jeff Dunham~King of the Hill <3

"When I want your advice I'll ask for it!" - Moe Howard
"If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking til you do succeed." - Curly Howard

Offline ILMM

The same with me. The whole episode is an homage to the Three Stooges, including the title. This has a list of references:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Firefighting_We_Will_Go . It also says it's a ''Rashomon-style story''; each
character telling the story from their own perspective. There a reference to the stooges in an other
episode in which Cotton, watching an episode of Charlie's Angels and not seeing the cast he wants,
says ''it's like getting a Shemp''.
"That must be Nick Barker.... he's disguised as a black banana."-Shemp

Offline horwitz-halfwits

• Team Howard
  • Grapehead
  • Stooge it to the man!
Ya know, even if I didn't read the whole plot just now, I still would have realized that maybe there were a few stooge moves. But thanks for sending me back to the episode's plot! I love it even more now. There is also another episode where Hank calls his pals "knuckleheads", I just forgot which one it was.

"If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking til you do succeed." - Curly Howard

Offline ILMM

No problem, I'm happy to meet a fellow King of the Hill fan! I'm not sure if just calling someone
a knucklehead is technically a Three Stooges reference, it's become such a generic insult for stupid behavior.
I wonder if The Three Stooges were the first to use it? At least documented anyway.
I wish I could remember what the episode with Cotton was. He was sitting on a couch with Bobby
and said it to him.

Offline horwitz-halfwits

• Team Howard
  • Grapehead
  • Stooge it to the man!
Oh my god, yes! King of the Hill is one of my favorite shows! I'll have to look into it to find that reference you're talking about. It's been a while since I last watched the show. I have watched all the seasons on Netflix once, then started to watch them over again. But like I said I'll look into it!

Offline ILMM

Here's the episode I mentioned; it's called ''shins of the father''and the reference is at 12:59 on the clip.

The episode is mirrored.

Offline Bum

Best Cotton Hill quote ever [referring to why he doesn't want novocaine before a dental procedure]:

"Lincoln didn't ask for no girlie-gas before they blowed his head off!"

Offline ILMM

Best Cotton Hill quote ever [referring to why he doesn't want novocaine before a dental procedure]:

"Lincoln didn't ask for no girlie-gas before they blowed his head off!"

;D ;D ;D I don't remember that one, which episode is it?

Offline Curly4444

Offline Bum

;D ;D ;D I don't remember that one, which episode is it?

Can't remember which episode. Lots of times I remember a gag or funny line without having a clue as to which film it originated........ that applies to the Stooges as well.

Offline ILMM

I didnt see the reference at the time posted.

The time is for the start of the scene, the actual line is about ten seconds in.