Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The 3 Stooges "Return to Peyton Place"

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
The Three Stooges appear on Fox's recent DVD release, RETURN TO PEYTON PLACE (1961).  One of the disc extras is a May 1961 "Fox Movietone News" segment about the film's NYC premiere.  Moe, Larry & Curly Joe appear for about 5 seconds with Julie Newmar.

Narrator:
Fresh from supporting Carol Heiss in SNOW WHITE AND THE THREE STOOGES, the volcanic trio of the title attend to Julie Newmar at the opening.

Several years ago, The Three Stooges Journal published an article by Rich Finegan, reporting the discovery of this newsreel.  And in another issue, Gary Lassin included a publicity shot of the Stooges and Ms. Newmar at the premiere.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 25, 2005, 12:14:50 AM by BeAStooge »

Offline kinderscenen

So I finally know what the link is--I've often seen "Return to Peyton Place" listed under appearances, but I've always wondered what they did.  I'm guessing it was to drum up publicity for the movie as well as any other performances they were doing at the time. 

Thanks for the picture--I always get a kick seeing new pictures of the fellows in their "civilian" clothes.

Sunday
Larry: They’ll hang us for this!
Moe: I know! Let’s cremate him!
Larry: Can’t do that--we ain’t got no cream!

Pilsner Panther

Now I've seen everything! Too bad the Stooges never appeared with Ms. Newmar as Catwoman in a "Batman" episode!

Come to think of it, the Stooges would have been perfect as guest stars on "Batman;" After all, they'd already worked with Adam West. But maybe the team had already retired by the time "Batman" was a hit show. I'm not sure of the time frame; wasn't "Batman" on TV from 1965 (?) to 1967 or '68? I was around at the time, but barely out of diapers. I'll bet Brent will know.

One of those cameos where the guest stars stick their heads out a window while Batman and Robin are climbing up a wall would have been classic!

[insert Bat Signal smiley here]

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Now I've seen everything! Too bad the Stooges never appeared with Ms. Newmar as Catwoman in a "Batman" episode!

Come to think of it, the Stooges would have been perfect as guest stars on "Batman;" After all, they'd already worked with Adam West. But maybe the team had already retired by the time "Batman" was a hit show. I'm not sure of the time frame; wasn't "Batman" on TV from 1965 (?) to 1967 or '68? I was around at the time, but barely out of diapers.

BATMAN (Jan '66 - Mar '68).

The Stooges weren't retired; just one of those things that didn't come together.  BATMAN's producers had a waiting list of celebrity requests.  Reportedly, Norman Maurer and the BAT-producers did have some conversations, but nothing happened.  I don't know why.

btw - Julie Newmar's first appearance as Catwoman did feature a Stooge costar... Jock Mahoney (OUT WEST, FUELIN' AROUND, SQUAREHEADS OF THE ROUND TABLE, PUNCHY COWPUNCHERS) was her henchman, Leo.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2005, 04:35:11 AM by BeAStooge »