Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Comcast on Demand

jrvass · 11 · 3155

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
This probably belongs in TV, but I couldn't post it as "new".

I caught a Comcast on Demand commercial today where you can order 3 Stooges. I'm not sure what that entails as I only saw a glimpse of the ad. And my Comcast bill that I just opened didn't mention it. There was an ad for the Home Shopping Network (if any channel deserves a "parental block", that is in my top 5!)

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline Stoop

Yup, Comcast has it On Demand. I watched a few shorts but I became really annoyed because the shorts are cut every five minutes or so. Then an announcer comes on, with his annoying voice, says a few words and then you are back to the short. I think that is more annoying than commercials . . .but at least it’s free.  ;)
It takes an estimated 2,893 licks to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop.

Offline jrvass

• Birdbrain
That's good to know. I pay Comcrap $95/mo. for internet and basic cable. They can SIUTA if they have their lame commercials on "pay-more demand TV".

I found 3 more 6-hour tapes of WTBS "Curly All-Nighters"

Whoo! Whoo! Whoo! Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk! :D

James

Offline Stoop

The announcer talks about the short or the Three Stooges (trivia, facts, ect.). But that is still a nuisance. It makes me want to rip my hair out!

Comcast is a fuckin’ monopoly as far as I’m concerned. And although I don’t know how much we pay Comcast every month (and I don’t want to know), $95/mo. for internet and basic cable is way too much. Nevertheless we (my family) have given into them, since my family also has Comcast phone service. Heh heh.

It takes an estimated 2,893 licks to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I caught a Comcast on Demand commercial today where you can order 3 Stooges. I'm not sure what that entails as I only saw a glimpse of the ad.

For the past few months, Comcast has a handful of Stooges shorts on their Demand schedule.  Some Comcast customers mentioned that five films are available, and the lineup changes every month.

Comcast has the truncated 130-short broadcast TV syndication package from 1999, co-produced by Columbia and C3.  Each short was packaged with 2 commercial breaks, animation and special effects for fade-in/out segues that are often superimposed over the film's credits and scenes, (unfunny) joke commercials like Curly chia pets, oft-inaccurate trivia narration, etc.

Offline jrvass

• Birdbrain
Comcrap phone service? How are you going to call them and complain when your TV and Internet is out of service???  ???

James

Offline Stoop

Comcrap phone service? How are you going to call them and complain when your TV and Internet is out of service???  ???

James

Wow, I never  thought of that. I can’t imagine having to go without TV., internet, and phone. I think I would go insane! Oh, but thank whoever invented cell phones for keeping me from going on a killing rampage.

[relieved]
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 04:46:16 PM by Stoop »

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Comcast is a fuckin’ monopoly as far as I’m concerned. And although I don’t know how much we pay Comcast every month (and I don’t want to know), $95/mo. for internet and basic cable is way too much. Nevertheless we (my family) have given into them, since my family also has Comcast phone service. Heh heh.

Actually, Stoop, Comcast is not a monopoly as long as you have alternatives, like the DISH Network and DirectTV.  Cable companies used to be monopolies, since they used government force to keep competition out of their territories (which is the only way a company can actually be a monopoly.)  With the advent of mass satellite services, though, their monopolies have been broken and they have to compete now for their customers.

As for the $95.00 a month, that may seem steep, but a service is worth whatever consumers are willing to pay for it.  I actually pay more than that, myself.  I get my DSL connection through my phone company, and that costs me about $40.00 a month.  (Yeah, it's a bit much, but then I live in the countryside, and it's a miracle that I can even get a broadband connection.)  I pay about $65 a month for DISH, but I do have the top package, and that is with separate satellite receivers in four different rooms.  I could cut back on the costs, but I am willing to shell out that much to make these services available for my family.

Offline jaronson

• Numbskull
  • Team Stooge
  • Birdbrain
I used to have Comcast High-Speed Internet, but we finally decided to dump it for a wireless connection since the cost for the Internet is ridiculous.  The wireless connection is pretty good, except for it sometimes goes down, so no one in the house can go online.  We also had digital cable (digital in one room, basic in 3 others), which really jacked up our bills.  Since there are a lot of trees (and precipitation), we won't switch to satellite since it was annoying anyway when we used to have it before I moved and the rain, snow, and winds knocked out the signal.
Larry: Wait a minute, you forgot something. *SLAP* That’s what you forgot.   -TRICKY DICKS

Moe: This is a pool game, not a blitzkrieg.  I think I’ll invade you.    -I’LL NEVER HEIL AGAIN

Stanley Blystone: But my Fuhrer, ve are Nazis, ve have no brains.    -BACK FROM THE FRONT

2007 New York Giants: Super Bowl XLII Champions

Offline Stoop

[. . .]  Since there are a lot of trees (and precipitation), we won't switch to satellite since it was annoying anyway when we used to have it before I moved and the rain, snow, and winds knocked out the signal.

That is exactly why we don’t have dish as well. So we don’t have another choice but to go with Comcast because there are no other cable providers in the Chicagoland area (at least that I know of).

Before my family and I moved we did have DSL, but that is not available in the area in which we live in now.  So once again we really don’t have too many choices.

Offline wakkyjaky

I think that the comcast on demand three stooges is pretty good. During the breaks they talk about stooge trivia which is pretty funny. At the end is a stooge trivia question.

As for Comcast Cable it is the biggest ripoff. My daughter has the Comcast DVR box and all of the channels which cost after taxes is over a hundred dollars and she just got Comcast Internet Service with the introductory offer $19.99 for the first three months. After that it will be $40 something which I think is too expensive for intenet service. Me I wouldn't pay that much for internet service so I have dial-up. Sometimes when I try to find something to watch on cable when I visit there is hardly ever anything on that I want to watch. Mostly I watch TMC, TBS, and some of the music channels. Cable channels show the same movies over and over.  >:(