Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Tom & Jerry Golden Collection: Volume One 10-25-2011

Curly4444 · 58 · 15628

Offline metaldams

OK, I just bought this set for my....(clears throat)...nephew.  Not that Uncle Metaldams isn't going to have a viewing or 100 for himself, but ultimately, it's for the nephew.  Fine, don't believe me.

Anyway, here's a serious question, and I'm going to run this by his Dad tonight.  My nephew's only 3, do you think these cartoons are too violent for a three year old, or am I a putz for asking such a thing?  I haven't seen Tom and Jerry cartoons in a LONG time, but certainly watched them a lot as a kid, but my memories are watching them as a 5 year old and older (which is around the age we'll probably show him The Three Stooges), not quite as young as 3.  What do you guys think?
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Bum

Not a dumb question at all, and it's good that you're concerned.......

I don't think there's a minimum-age requirement for COMIC violence [cartoons, Stooges, etc]. It's the REALISTIC, dark, horrific, bloody violence that's so prevalent nowadays that's no good for kids. The funny stuff won't give the kids nightmares or desensitize them to real violence down the line. I think even the youngest of kids can tell the difference......

Offline metaldams

Not a dumb question at all, and it's good that you're concerned.......

I don't think there's a minimum-age requirement for COMIC violence [cartoons, Stooges, etc]. It's the REALISTIC, dark, horrific, bloody violence that's so prevalent nowadays that's no good for kids. The funny stuff won't give the kids nightmares or desensitize them to real violence down the line. I think even the youngest of kids can tell the difference......

Thanks for the response.  I'm not so concerned about him being scared, it's more so that he tends to repeat things.  I'm hoping and thinking you're right about the whole comic/cartoon violence thing, that would be my view if I were his father.  I'll let you guys know what my brother says tonight.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Bum

OH! In that case......

Tell your brother to lock up all matches, breakables, household chemicals, and any sharp objects................. just in case.

Offline metaldams

OH! In that case......

Tell your brother to lock up all matches, breakables, household chemicals, and any sharp objects................. just in case.

Good idea!  ;D
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

Offline metaldams

Thanks Brent.  I may use them if my brother says no, (he's on a wait a few years for the Stooges stance), and if my brother's OK with it, I'll just enjoy those cartoons you posted later tonight.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

My brother's totally cool with it.  Kind of like Bum said, he's not likely able to impersonate any of the things Tom and Jerry do.  Got him a Daffy Duck and Transformers set too.  The Stooges will have to wait a few years, and I can understand why.  Eye pokes and slaps are within his realm, and he's already hitting Grandpa enough as is.  I imagine when he's 5 or 6, maybe sooner, he should be fine for the Stooges, and I look forward to the day.
- Doug Sarnecky