Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Heavy D, 44

Offline ProfessorStooge

Rapper Heavy D has died at age 44. He and his group Heavy D & the Boyz scored six Top 40 singles, among them being his best known hit "Now That We Found Love." He also sang the theme songs to the popular sketch comedy TV shows In Living Color and MADtv.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
What gets me about the whole thing is that all of a sudden everyone who likes rap is into Heavy D when he has basically been relegated to obscurity for the past 15-20 years. I was much more of a rap fan back when he was still relevant: I thought he was corny back then and listening back nothing has really changed. That's not to say I'm glad that he died or anything, dying at 44 is tragic. And I don't want to hear some PC bullshit about how it is "perfectly fine" to be fat: being overweight brings with it serious health risks.

An example of Heavy D's corniness:
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline metaldams

I know one of the guys from The Fat Boys (remember them?) died at age 28 from being obese.

I can't claim to be a Heavy D fan, but he definitely takes me back to a more innocent time in my life nonetheless.  Tragic he died so young.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I know one of the guys from The Fat Boys (remember them?) died at age 28 from being obese.

I can't claim to be a Heavy D fan, but he definitely takes me back to a more innocent time in my life nonetheless.  Tragic he died so young.

That would be Buff Love/The Human Beat Box, who actually along with Doug E. Fresh was one of the first beat boxers. 450 lbs when he died.

Heavy D was much smaller than Buff Love but the weight will take its toll on you as you age.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline metaldams

That would be Buff Love/The Human Beat Box, who actually along with Doug E. Fresh was one of the first beat boxers. 450 lbs when he died.

Heavy D was much smaller than Buff Love but the weight will take its toll on you as you age.

One of my best friends is in his mid 50's and is 400 lbs.  I worry about him all the time, as he does have health issues.  No doubt it takes its toll.
- Doug Sarnecky