Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Beavis & Butthead

Offline falsealarms

A Beavis and Butthead reboot debuts this week, the first new episodes since 1997.

Here's a sneak peak:

Long live the 90s!

Offline metaldams

I don't know whether to rejoice of be skeptical.

My parents wouldn't let me watch this show back in the day, but I found a way to catch some episodes.  Apparantly, they didn't deem swalloing drugs from a condom appropriate for a 15 year old. 
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline falsealarms

Yeah, my parents were the same way. No other show I cared about really bothered them, but Beavis and Butthead were off limits.

This reboot looks promising... the Jersey Shore part was clever.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I'll give it a shot but count me as a skeptic. Beavis and Butthead was good and cutting edge for its time but quickly got overshadowed by the much better South Park which is still running strong today. Mike Judge went on to do King of the Hill, which has to be one of the most overrated adult-oriented cartoons of all time. He'll have to ramp it up with this reboot because old Beavis and Butthead is tame by today's standards.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline FineBari3

I loved watching B&B when they first came out; I loved the fact that they made fun of crummy music videos.  When it became 'hip' to have them rip on a band's current video, the show jumped the shark.

Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
FYI: the new Beavis and Butthead debuts tonight at 10pm est.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Hammond Eggar

While I'm not a huge "Beavis & Butthead" fan, I must give Mike Judge his credit.  He was, afterall, the man behind "Office Space," one of the funniest comedies of the last two decades.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)