Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Well, that's it -- I'm done!

Offline middlenamewayne

So... I DVRed Gold Raiders awhile back and finally got to watch it, and then I realized: I've now seen it all (Stooge-wise, that it). What do I do now? All I can think of is to build a time machine and go back to when there was still a surviving copy of Hello, Pop!
Or does that sound like a bit of a stretch?

-- mnw

PS: On the subject of Gold Raiders: I don't see how it got quite so incredibly pathetic a reputation -- it was slow, to be sure, but compared to a number of later Stooges "gems" it's certainly not the wormiest apple in the bushel! The worst thing about it was the whole "insurance agent" angle. I absolutely could not imagine why anyone would think that was a fresh new direction for Westerns to head in, so I kept waiting and waiting through the whole picture for a punch line that never came.

Offline Bum

I'm assuming you mean you've now seen all the Stooges' [surviving] stuff released theatrically? Or are you also counting all the TV s appearances as well? I haven't come close to seeing all the television stuff, but come to think of it, I guess I *HAVE* now seen all the things that were made for theaters. I'm surprised I didn't have a moment of realization similar to yours. I guess the last thing I needed to see was "MY SISTER EILEEN", which I did a few years back....

Offline middlenamewayne

Are you counting the TV appearances? I haven't come close to seeing all the TV stuff...

Oh, yeah... I hadn't thought about those, though I know there are a zillion of them listed on the main site. I may not have even seen everything that's out on the dozens of public domain "collectors'" videos, since most of them are so vague in their descriptions of what they have on them -- like what is this mysterious "Disorder In The Court" they keep talking about? (har har)

I guess I should've said that I've seen everything that I have reason to believe I will be able to see any time in the foreseeable future. (Then again, you never know -- I'll bet that there's a good number of Marx Bros. fans didn't know this existed until I posted it on you tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/1nceBitten2wiceShy?feature=mhee#p/u/2/rZdYVSgPzkc )

-- mnw

Offline metaldams

What do I do now?

Get another hobby.  [pie]

There was a time whenever I'd find an interest I would rush in to see or hear everything I could as quickly as possible.  Once I did this, I realized there was no more discovering to do, and that left me with an empty feeling.  These days, I purposely hold back a few things to save for the future with all my interests.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Get another hobby.  [pie]

There was a time whenever I'd find an interest I would rush in to see or hear everything I could as quickly as possible.  Once I did this, I realized there was no more discovering to do, and that left me with an empty feeling.  These days, I purposely hold back a few things to save for the future with all my interests.

That kind of reminds me of the feeling I get when I beat a video game, which is a very rare occurrence. Perhaps I intentionally suck at video games...nah.

I couldn't imagine watching everything the Stooges were in as a team and solo; they were so prolific.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown