Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Crappy and Forgotten Cartoons

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Bill's got the right idea and saves me the trouble of tracking down Beany and Cecil.

Here's the Mr. T cartoon. In it, T plays a gymnastics coach who solves mysteries with his team. There's even a dog with a mohawk and a little white kid who copies Mr. T. I loved this as kid because it had Mr. motherfucking T but it has not held up well. The best part is the deadpan delivery T gives each and every one of his lines.

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Today's craptacular cartoon comes from 1984. Reagan was alzheimering his way through the Presidency, Hogan was the champion and the Get Along Gang debuted. What is the Get Along Gang, you ask? Why it is a terrible cartoon about a bunch of one-note anthropomorphic cartoon characters putting aside their differences to get along! This was the kind of shit that parents groups were pushing for on television, and needless to say it lasted all of one season.

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline vomit

Not really a cartoon that was a series....but this is unbelievable!!!

Specto Caelum!

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man

I used to have a DVD called "Cartoon Crazies: Banned & Censored" and this one was on there. It's a great example of racist Americana.

Offline ThunderStooge

Sad that this 90's kid recognizes most of these 60's-80's cartoons. (It helps that my family had Boomerang for a few years)

My favorite cartoon from the "Dark Age" was Rocky and Bullwinkle.  My family collected VHS tapes of this, and being a kid that was drawn to anything cartoon, I loved it even though I did not catch on to its clever writing till later.

The Robonic Stooges, I kind of liked when I first saw it on Boomerang.  Watched it on YouTube, and I realized how much potential it actually could have had.  Too bad the animation industry was so scared shitless of the moral guardians around that time.  There could have been some great farcical cartoon slapstick through that robot gimmick.  Just about any kid could figure out that all of it is fiction.  Also, I thought Frank Welker did a pretty decent Curly voice.  Maybe with better writing, and taking advantage of the characters being portrayed as robots rather than living beings, it might have been somewhat decent (okay but not great).  MAYBE.
Or maybe I'm just young.
If someone tries another Three Stooges cartoon, I think they should cast Billy West as Larry.
"Wake up and Go ta sleep!"

Offline Curly4444

I used to have a DVD called "Cartoon Crazies: Banned & Censored" and this one was on there. It's a great example of racist Americana.
I dont think this cartoon was made by the KKK. Its just the way it was then. I doubt the people that made it were racist. They just knew it would appeal to some with racist tendency's, who would laugh there ass off at this crap.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I dont think this cartoon was made by the KKK. Its just the way it was then. I doubt the people that made it were racist. They just new it would appeal to some with racist tendency's, who would laugh there ass off at this crap.

I didn't say that the people who made it were overtly racist Klan members. "Racist Americana" is a term to describe racist things from the past like certain cartoons like that or "All This and Rabbit Stew" or pieces of memorabilia like a "Niggerhair" Tobacco can.

Offline metaldams

Vomit, that was unbelievable alright!  The watermelon, the cotton picking, just........wow.

As a fan of silent comedy, I see lots of racial stereotypes in those films.  Larry Semon had a black co-star billed as "G. Howe Black."

This is a cartoon thread, but a general racial/racist American culture thread sounds like a cool idea.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Scooby's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics ran from 1977-1979 originally on ABC, a spoof of Battle of the Network Stars. The cartoon featured almost the entire roster of Hanna-Barbara characters competing in silly events around the world in a team format. The teams were The Scooby Doobies, The Yogi Yahooies and the Really Rottens, which naturally consisted of HB's villians. Scooby's team won more often than not, sometimes Yogi's team would win to shake things up but it was rare the Rottens, who cheated all of the time would win or even place higher than third.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Scooby's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics ran from 1977-1979 originally on ABC, a spoof of Battle of the Network Stars. The cartoon featured almost the entire roster of Hanna-Barbara characters competing in silly events around the world in a team format. The teams were The Scooby Doobies, The Yogi Yahooies and the Really Rottens, which naturally consisted of HB's villians. Scooby's team won more often than not, sometimes Yogi's team would win to shake things up but it was rare the Rottens, who cheated all of the time would win or even place higher than third.

Episode synopses available in ThreeStooges.net's TV Guest Appearance filmography; Joe Besser worked on this series as the voice of 'Babu the Genie.'

Offline ThunderStooge

Oh dear!  I remember owning an episode of this show on VHS back in my Scooby phase.
"Wake up and Go ta sleep!"

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I used to watch it on USA Network as part of Sunday's Cartoon Express in the 80's.