Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

My sensitive ears detected the Stooges (or so I thought)

Offline wallawalla

• Grapehead
  • I think the goat walked right through it, I'm sure
Sitting here just now working on the PC and my ears picked up the sound of a Stooges episode on the TV in the next room. My wife is watching TV and she's very good about alerting me to whenever she spots a Stooge on TV. Wonder why she didn't tell me?

I run in and she's watching Turner Classic Movies which is showing "Montana Belle" - and it's just Kenneth MacDonald talking to the sheriff while sitting on a horse . Ah, rats. My subconscious is even picking up the voices of the supporting players! :)

Now, should this worry me? :)

Offline Baggie

I dunno about that, but Kenneth MacDonald's strangely elastic face is always enough to worry me. In Punchy Cowpunchers, when Moe's fake moustache hits good ol' Ken in the face, just look at the rubberness. That shot of his 'bag-of-wrinkles' face always gets to me. But, rubber face or not, he was a good baddie.
The artist formerly known as Shempetta

Offline wallawalla

• Grapehead
  • I think the goat walked right through it, I'm sure
Checked out that scene you mentioned - you're right! He's quite wrinkly. :)

Offline wakkyjaky

Hey, the same thing happened to me the other day when I was on the internet and heard The Three Stooges on all the way upstairs. Now I probably would pick up on the supporting actors too, which is not strange at all but able to pick up the familiar sounds of the Three Stooges. Just like you could pick up on other programs you watch on a regular basis.

titmouse

"If i took that painting may i be struck by a bolt from the blue..........C L  AN GGGG!

Offline Bruckman

• Musclehead, juice addict, synthol abuser, and Booby Dupe
  • Birdbrain
Same thing happened to me the other day - I had the TV on while working in the kitchen, and the film being shown was a 1965 Western, "Cat Ballou", with Lee Marvin - and suddenly from the living room  I heard the unmistakable "wa-wowwww" wolf whistle heard in such Stooge shorts as "Heavenly Daze," plus a few other assorted clangs and clunks. Not surprisingly, Cat Ballou was produced by Columbia.
"If it wasn't for fear i wouldn't get out of bed in the morning" - Forrest Griffin

Offline kinderscenen

Another Columbia feature that used a lot of sound effects from Stooges' (and other) shorts was a 1967/8 Dean Martin film called "The Ambushers." Typical of the spy era, but with a definite Dean Martin spin.  I can't recall if there were any supporting players that were also in Stooges films, though.
Larry: They’ll hang us for this!
Moe: I know! Let’s cremate him!
Larry: Can’t do that--we ain’t got no cream!