Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Stooges Feature Films

Offline archiezappa

Yeah, I'm bringing this up again.  I'm still waiting for the final DVD box set from The Three Stooges.  Yes, I do believe that they should release a box set with the Columbia Feature Films starring Moe, Larry, and Curly-Joe.  This is pretty much the final chapter of the Stooges on film. 

Basically, here's what we need:

"Have Rocket, Will Travel"
"The Three Stooges Meet Hercules"
"The Three Stooges In Orbit"
"The Three Stooges Go Around The World In A Daze"
"The Outlaws Is Coming"

All films must be remastered, presented in their original aspect ratio, and *not* colorized.  This would be the perfect finish for these sets.  What do you think?

Offline moglia

Yeah, I'm bringing this up again.  I'm still waiting for the final DVD box set from The Three Stooges.  Yes, I do believe that they should release a box set with the Columbia Feature Films starring Moe, Larry, and Curly-Joe.  This is pretty much the final chapter of the Stooges on film. 

Basically, here's what we need:

"Have Rocket, Will Travel"
"The Three Stooges Meet Hercules"
"The Three Stooges In Orbit"
"The Three Stooges Go Around The World In A Daze"
"The Outlaws Is Coming"

All films must be remastered, presented in their original aspect ratio, and *not* colorized.  This would be the perfect finish for these sets.  What do you think?

Agreed, but be careful with "remastered" it does not always mean better. Sometimes less is more. Especially if DNR or EE is used. I for one don't like people to look like shiny plaster sculptures nor digital halo's above images.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 09:58:25 PM by moglia »

Offline archiezappa

Maybe I should say restored instead of remastered.  I guess it's all about using the right words.

Offline falsealarms

A box like that would good (if only for HAVE ROCKET) but the more pressing material are the solo Columbia shorts of Shemp, Besser, and DeRita. START CHEERING and TIME OUT FOR RHYTHM are also missed on home video.

Offline moglia

Maybe I should say restored instead of remastered.  I guess it's all about using the right words.

Now your talking!  Professional Restoration done in the physical realm makes old films look great.

Offline Seamus

A box like that would good (if only for HAVE ROCKET) but the more pressing material are the solo Columbia shorts of Shemp, Besser, and DeRita. START CHEERING and TIME OUT FOR RHYTHM are also missed on home video.

Agreed.  I still haven't bothered to pick up Volume 8, and have even less interest in the feature films, but I'd grab a set of Shemp's Columbia (and Vitaphone) shorts in a heartbeat.

Offline QuinceHead

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Speaking of Three Stooges movies, can anyone tell me about this:

http://www.wbshop.com/Three-Stooges-Meet-the-BaronGold-Raiders-The-1951-DBFE/1000003229,default,pd.html?cgid=SALE_HE

Warner Home Video released that double-feature DVD in 2006.  Available singly, or in a box set with various L&H and A&C films owned by WB...

Discussion Board announcement

ThreeStooges.net Videography

Offline QuinceHead

Warner Home Video released that double-feature DVD in 2006.  Available singly, or in a box set with various L&H and A&C films owned by WB...

Discussion Board announcement

ThreeStooges.net Videography

Thanks for the swift reply -- you're a regular guy!  :laugh:

This sounds like it could be an interesting addition to my DVD library...

For duty and humanity,
JohnH aka QuinceHead

Offline archiezappa

I do have "Snow White And The Three Stooges," "Gold Raiders"/"Meet The Baron," "Soup To Nuts."  I don't have any of the Curly-Joe features, since I was hoping for a box set including all of them.  They could do a set of Curly and a set of Curly-Joe.

A set of Curly feature films would be like this:

"Start Cheering"
"Time Out For Rhythm"
"Rockin' In The Rockies"
"Stop! Look! And Laugh!"

That would exclude the ones where they only make very short cameos.  However, one of the absolute best Curly features was "Myrt & Marge" and that was released by Universal.  Do you think we, as Stooge fans, could convince Universal to restore and release on DVD their only Stooges feature film?  That would be awesome!

Offline pipboytaylor

When was "Myrt And Marge" ever released on dvd? I've found no evidence of that anywhere.

Offline archiezappa

When was "Myrt And Marge" ever released on dvd? I've found no evidence of that anywhere.

Um, no.  That's not what I said.  I'm saying that we need to petition Universal so that they will release it on DVD.  No, it has not been released yet.  Please read through my post again, there, porcupine!   [pie]

Offline ArPharazon

Speaking of Three Stooges movies, can anyone tell me about this:

http://www.wbshop.com/Three-Stooges-Meet-the-BaronGold-Raiders-The-1951-DBFE/1000003229,default,pd.html?cgid=SALE_HE

For duty and humanity,
JohnH aka QuinceHead

I own the double disc.  Totally worth getting.

To me, Gold Raiders was like a really long Shemp short, good stuff.

Meet The Baron was the better of the 2.  Obviously less about the Stooges, but a really great film from that era.