Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Benny Rubin 2 reelers

Offline falsealarms

DUMB DICKS (1931)

We get Benny Rubin (veteran of the late Shemp and Besser eras), Heinie Conklin (who was in a ton of Stooge shorts) and Harry Gribbon (in a few Shemp Vitaphones).

GUESTS WANTED (1932)

Look for Bud Jamison.

THE PROMOTER

JULIUS SIZZER (1931)

Offline metaldams

Thanks for posting these False.  I watched DUMB DICKS and it was pretty funny.  Lots of chasing, heads smashed with objects, machine gun bullets, explosions, car crashes, water, and other assorted fun stuff.  Not bad at all, and there's even a gag similar to "Charlie walks like this" from UNCIVIL WARRIORS.  Ewart Adamson, the writer, is the only name I see behind the scenes wise I can remember linked to The Three Stooges.  I'll watch the others at a later date.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline falsealarms

I haven't watched all of them either, but I agree about DUMB DICKS. I had a similar thought with the "Charlie walks like this" comparison. Very fast paced short with a lot of things going on.

THE PROMOTER, with Rubin and Tom Kennedy, is surprisingly strong. Rubin is a wrestling promoter who unexpectedly ends up in the ring of a fight he's promoting. Without giving too much away, there's a lot of fun action in this one as well. All kinds of hell. I liked this better than DUMB DICKS.