The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

New Apes Early Trivia

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Just watched this flick - not bad for an ape film

The lead ape has several lines in this movie, but only speaks four words.
Name them please.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
This flick is definitely rife for more issues ...

The "cure for Alzheimer's" has far reaching side effects that become sequel apparent at the end ...

The bumbling lab assistant is exposed to the "smarts giving" gas for the apes but is also the "epidemic giving" gas for humans. He comes to the Alzheimer Cure head scientists home for help and accidentally sneezes on the neighbor, who is an airline pilot. This is supposed to be the impetus for assuming how the apes zoom to the top of the evolutionary ladder while humans crumble in tatters.

The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
C'mon Fred, some people might not have seen the film yet.

The answer to your question is  no, Caesar, is, and home. I could have sworn he also said "wait" during the big fight scene on a certain landmark.

I thought they did a great job with the reboot, and this is coming from someone who owns a box set of the original films and a box set of the TV series. I also liked the whole pseudo-scientific angle they took, while it was a little wacky it's nothing like the original, where Caesar is the son of Cornelius and is sent on a space ship which travels back in time to when humans were in control and actually started the whole thing in some weird time vortex thingy.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown