Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Woody Allen's 3 Stooges Film Script -- Why Hasn't It Been Discussed Here?

Offline middlenamewayne

At first I was stunned to find that in two years, apparently not one person has mentioned this on the board... but considering how much work I had to go through to actually get a look at the thing myself, I can imagine why it might have been overlooked: included in Woody Allen's 2009 collection of short stories, Mere Anarchy lurks a tale entitled "This Nib For Hire".

In this story, a dark, pretentious author with Serious Literary Aspirations accepts an assignment from a cretinous, mouth-breathing Big Hollywood Executive -- to write the script for a Three Stooges' two-reeler! Only a short excerpt of the writer's Stooge script is included in the short story, and I don't have a transcript available, but I would describe the style as "Kafkaesque".

Anyhow, you guys oughtta check it out... if you can find a copy, of course!*

-- mnw

*(Actually, it's simple enough to order a copy of the book online, but all I wanted was a free peek, and no libraries or bookshops in my immediate area had it!)

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
This is the first I've heard of it, to be honest. I wonder if the plot involved the Stooges marrying three ladies with jailbait asian adopted daughters only to dump their wives and go after the youngsters when they are of age.

I'm guessing the "pretentious author" would have been Allen himself; the role fits him like a glove.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown