Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Amy Winehouse dead at 27

Guest · 12 · 2147

Offline JazzBill

Another life wasted. Should have stayed in rehab, yeah yeah yeah.  :(
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline falsealarms

Strangely, Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix, and Jim Morrison also died when they were 27.

Offline JazzBill

Strangely, Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix, and Jim Morrison also died when they were 27.

I enjoyed every one of them, including Amy. Like I said, "What a waste".
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Curly4444

Never heard of her b4 today. Nice body though!! So a waste indeed.  >:D

Offline metaldams

Never heard of her b4 today. Nice body though!! So a waste indeed.  >:D

Come on dude, really?  Bad timing and very tasteless.

Musically, she's not on my radar, but I've previously heard of her as a celebrity singer who has drug issues.  If me, somebody who was indifferent to her musical career, knew she had issues, I imagine there were several people in her life daily who knew the severity of the problem much better than I.  You'd think anyway, but the reality is she was probably surrounded by users and hanger-ons and now that she's dead, the media can get more advertisers off of her death.  Tragic.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Ok she was young and it is sad and a waste, but age was the ONLY thing she had in common with the likes Hendrix and Morrison. She was not even in their league. She was a one-hit wonder.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Bum

Ok she was young and it is sad and a waste, but age was the ONLY thing she had in common with the likes Hendrix and Morrison. She was not even in their league. She was a one-hit wonder.

Yeah, I heard a lot of people at work today comparing her to the others in the so-called "27 club", and I had to correct them: Morrison, Joplin, etc, no matter whether you liked them or what you thought of their music, became famous because of their MUSIC, not their drinking/drug habits. Their habits became public knowledge after they became famous, and in some cases, not until they died.  Amy Winehouse's fame, however, came about as much for her partying as her music, and arguably more so.  From the get-go, you NEVER heard one mentioned without the other.  An inevitable train wreck from the very beginning. No comparison to the other artists.

Offline Curly4444

Holy crap we agree on something!! *goes and looks outside* Nope, pigs aren't flying.  ;D

xraffle

Never heard of her b4 today.

Me neither, but it's always sad to hear of someone dying at such a young age. Very tragic!

Offline Liz

• Donald O'Connor's and Gene Kelly's #1 Fan
  • Puddinhead
    • The Psycho Ward's Classic Film Reviews - Request a film to be reviewed!
I agree.  I really couldn't care less that she's dead.
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline vomit

Preach on, brother.  Concur 100%.
Specto Caelum!