Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Was Edgar Kennedy in any of the Stooge shorts?

Guest · 5 · 1314

xraffle

For those who don’t know Edgar Kennedy, he was the actor that played the Lemonade vendor in the Marx Bros. film, “Duck Soup.” My dad said he used to watch the stooges on TV when he was a little kid back in the 50s and 60s. He said he could’ve sworn he saw a short where Edgar Kennedy was in it. I’ve searched IMDB and on this site and cannot find him credited in any of the shorts nor do I recall ever seeing him in any of the shorts. I’m thinking my dad is mistaken somehow, but he feels pretty confident that he saw a stooge short with Edgar in it.

It’s been driving me crazy, so hopefully someone here can put me at ease. Was Edgar Kennedy in any of the Stooge shorts? If so, which one(s)?

Offline metaldams

Your Dad is mistaken - sadly.  Edgar Kennedy was a great supporting player, but never with The Three Stooges and to my knowledge, even Columbia.  He was a staple at Hal Roach and after that, had his own series at RKO.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Your Dad is mistaken - sadly. 

Correct. 

Edgar Kennedy worked with Ted Healy in a few features, notably HOLLYWOOD HOTEL (1938), and was in a couple Universal features that also featured Shemp, but he never worked with The Three Stooges.

xraffle

Thank you both for the quick reply!! Now I know I'm not going crazy. Although I do agree that he would've made a great supporting actor in the stooge shorts.

Offline falsealarms

He might have confused Edgar Kennedy with Tom Kennedy (no relation). Tom Kennedy was in SPOOKS.

You can always get a comprehensive cast listing here: http://threestooges.net/cast/index/K