Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

CBS Birthday Tribute to Moe

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
The Moe Howard birthday tribute, which ran June 19 on CBS NEWS SUNDAY MORNING.

At 2 & 1/2 minutes, the segment wraps up with CBS footage from the 1991 Three Stooges Convention in Trevose PA. Briefly seen in clips are Dave Knight, Billy West, and that's Gary Lassin providing the interview comment.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I had to chuckle at how young Gary looks in that clip, but then it was recorded 20 years ago.  Time flies when you're having fun.   ;)

Offline Hammond Eggar

I was fortunate enough to attend that convention with my father.  It was my high school graduation gift that year.  It was one of the most thrilling and entertaining experiences of my life.  I still have the original CBS report on a VHS tape at home.

God bless Moe Howard and all the Stooges.  As Larry's favorite poems says, "God bless all clowns." [3stooges]
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I still have the original CBS report on a VHS tape at home.

Two requests...

-  Can you make a copy of that and send it to Phyllis Reighter, Frank's wife? (Mailing address in the Journal.) Her late father is the gentleman seen at the registration desk; I think she'd enjoy a copy.

-  Information for ThreeStooges.net's Film and TV Tribute Filmography, i.e., airdate (Saturday July 20 or Sunday July 21, 1991), detailed synopsis of the news report including any appearances by costar guests (Suzanne Kaaren, Mousie Garner), tribute-artists (Billy West, Dave Knight, Ken Heath), and notable fans/event-organizers (Gary, Frank, Phyllis). Plus any crew credits, particularly the reporter, and/or segment producer if credited. If you can make jpeg screen-shots, preferably of Kaaren, and/or, other significant image(s) of the weekend event(s)... not less than 420 x 320.

You inquired about submissions to the Film and TV Tribute Filmography last year. It was ready for member submissions months ago, but various issues, including the recent technical problems, kept putting it off. For now, you can submit to me onsite in PM (and email image files; see Journal ads for that address).