Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Three Stooges Mr. Potato Head Boxed Set

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
$50-$60 for Mr. Potato Head toys? I can get a new video game for that much and much more enjoyment. Heck, depending on where I am and who I get it from I can maybe get a 1/2 oz of schwag weed.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline FineBari3

$50-$60 for Mr. Potato Head toys? I can get a new video game for that much and much more enjoyment. Heck, depending on where I am and who I get it from I can maybe get a 1/2 oz of schwag weed.

Yeah!!!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline metaldams

You guys are party poopers.  You wouldn't spend $50 - $60 to recreate the lost Stooge short in a leper colony?  With Mr. Potato Head Stooges, the possiblities are endless.
- Doug Sarnecky

xraffle

I'm tempted to buy this even though I know it will end up being junk later and I already have enough of that.

Offline ProfessorStooge

They seem like an interesting addition to any Stooge fan's collection.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
As with all other C3 licensed products, I will not buy it.

Hopefully, no one will buy it for me as a gift... my usual procedure when that happens is to smile, politely accept with a faux "thank you," and then throw it in the trash as soon as I get home. I almost feel guilty doing that to costly items.

(My one exception on the C3-licensed stuff, is if it's a quality product and past its life-cycle, i.e., a clearance item, or sold thru liquidators. That way, I'm not supporting C3 indirectly by fueling product demand.)

Offline ILMM

As with all other C3 licensed products, I will not buy it.

Hopefully, no one will buy it for me as a gift... my usual procedure when that happens is to smile, politely accept with a faux "thank you," and then throw it in the trash as soon as I get home. I almost feel guilty doing that to costly items.

(My one exception on the C3-licensed stuff, is if it's a quality product and past its life-cycle, i.e., a clearance item, or sold thru liquidators. That way, I'm not supporting C3 indirectly by fueling product demand.)

Why don't you buy C3 licensed products?
"That must be Nick Barker.... he's disguised as a black banana."-Shemp

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
A few of us old-timers have had our run-ins with C3 over the years, especially when they had their own message board way back when...Brent moreso than probably anyone. That and a few other "details", but I'll let Brent handle those seeing as though he's so good at it and the question was directed at him.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline FineBari3

The Stooges' heirs get no money, that's one of many reasons why I don't buy C3 items.  (I have accepted gifts, though....)
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

I do not approve of the way its senior management runs the business, and, I have met them and do not like them.

Offline ThunderStooge

As cool as these are, I don't feel like spending $50-60 on items that will likely just sit on my dresser collecting dust.  I have enough of that as it is.
"Wake up and Go ta sleep!"

Offline ILMM

I do not approve of the way its senior management runs the business, and, I have met them and do not like them.

Oh, I did not know that.
"That must be Nick Barker.... he's disguised as a black banana."-Shemp