Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Three Stooges Journal # 138

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
The Three Stooges Journal # 138 (Summer 2011) was published this week.

Subscribers will be treated to...
 -  Newly discovered L.A. site used in the filming of FALSE ALARMS (1936)
 -  Photos of guests and fans at the 2011 Fan Club Meeting
 -  Status of the ongoing research project to locate supporting actors from the short subjects
 -  An interview with Jack Howard's daughter, niece of Moe, Shemp and Curly
 -  Mini-bios for supporting actors
 -  The music in the 1944 - 1949 short subjects
 -  A scripted scene for UNCIVIL WARRIORS (1935) not used in the final release
 -  Review of the 2010 Alex Theatre film festival
 -  New book to be released October 2011, Three Stooges FAQ

Offline falsealarms

Lots of fascinating stuff. Those who don't subscribe are really missing out big time. In fact, this issue was so good, I renewed for 3 more years.

Offline Rich Finegan

Congratulations and "Good Job!" to Editor Gary. This is his 100th issue since taking over from former Editor Moe Feinberg.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I was wondering when it was going to be Journal time again. Can't wait to get mine in the mail.

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline metaldams

So it's Father's Day, I'm lying on the couch reading the new Journal while my Dad has some b-western (WHIRLWIND (1951)) on TV.  I'm reading about supporting players, and I hear a familiar voice on the screen.  I turn my head, and there's Dick Curtis.

Good issue, I especially enjoyed the interview with Jack Howard's daughter.  I hope her book comes out someday.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline falsealarms

So it's Father's Day, I'm lying on the couch reading the new Journal while my Dad has some b-western (WHIRLWIND (1951)) on TV.  I'm reading about supporting players, and I hear a familiar voice on the screen.  I turn my head, and there's Dick Curtis.

Good issue, I especially enjoyed the interview with Jack Howard's daughter.  I hope her book comes out someday.

Not only her book, but Joan and Paul's long-talked-about book... STOOGE KIDS, or something along those lines.