Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Boston Bruins

Liz · 32 · 6447

Offline FineBari3

Recchi was classic when he got to raise the Cup and left my brother wondering why they didn't hit the delay. I had to explain to him that they don't have a delay during live sports.

Oh, I MISSED that!!!! The sound must have been down low!  What did he say?  (in case I can't find it on YouTube!)
When the Pens won a few years ago, I remember one of the coaches yelling at the reporter "Do you f*$&in' believe this!"  Yup....live TV!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline FineBari3

Oh, I MISSED that!!!! The sound must have been down low!  What did he say?  (in case I can't find it on YouTube!)
When the Pens won a few years ago, I remember one of the coaches yelling at the reporter "Do you f*$&in' believe this!"  Yup....live TV!

I found it; he dropped three F-bombs in about 20 seconds!  Gotta love it!
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline metaldams

Kevin Youkilis is notorious for being emotional after strike outs.  One time a few years back on a NESN broadcast, they show him sitting there in the dugout after a strike out, and he just randomly screams, "Fuck!"  It was flat out blatant.  I'll never forget that one as long as I live.

I think during one of the celebrations in '04, a player, I want to say Doug Mientkiewicz but I could be wrong, tells David Ortiz he's "so fucking proud of him" while they hug.

All of this on live TV, folks.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline FineBari3

You gotta love all of the super-sensitive microphones at sporting events nowadays!  We used to read their lips before, now we can hear it all! 

I remember when I played hockey on a men's team, and literally every other word was "F&*k!" on the ice.  The women's team didn't swear at all, and I had to curtail my swearing!
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline FineBari3

Thanks! I'm sure that helped.

For those who remember watching The Bruins on Channel 38, Boston in the early 1970's here is some music from one of my favorite groups that should bring back some fond Bruins memories:

For those who didn't get to see the games on TV-38 back then, this was the Channel 38 Bruins "theme music" used by Ch. 38 to introduce each game.

I love that song!  NO IDEA it was used for the B's theme music!  (Being from Pittsburgh, I wouldn't!)
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline Lefty

Speaking of the F-word on TV, the first time I heard it was in 1973 on a Roller Games telecast one Sunday afternoon, at the halftime interviews of a game that may have been taped the previous Tuesday.  John "Gooch" Gautieri, "general manager" of the opposing team, yelled at the Warriors' Judy Arnold "you f*****' broad!"  The replay the following Saturday had the word bleeped out.  I had never even heard of the word "broad" to describe a woman until Gooch first came around.

Offline Lefty

I'm not much a hockey fan, but I can enjoy a game if I have to.  Being Connecticut born, it was Hartford Whalers banners in my room as a kid, being the only Connecticut team, yet they no longer exist.

How did you feel about the Whalers' famous song that was played at the start of a period and after every goal -- The Brass Bonanza?  I thought it had a good beat and notes to it (except when played after a goal against the Flyers).  It's always been Schlock Emrick's least-favorite piece of music, as he has mentioned.