Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Boston Bruins

Liz · 32 · 6446

Offline Liz

• Donald O'Connor's and Gene Kelly's #1 Fan
  • Puddinhead
    • The Psycho Ward's Classic Film Reviews - Request a film to be reviewed!
What do you think, Jim?  I say we've got it in the bag. 
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
We actually have to score and win in Vancouver to win the Cup. I wouldn't say we have it in the bag at all, but it's been a very interesting Cup Final and I hope the Bs pull it out.

I also have to give props to the Dallas Mavericks for knocking off Queen Bitch and the Miami Heat to win their first ever NBA Championship.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline ILMM

I was cheering on the Mavs too last night, and I'm a Bulls fan!
"That must be Nick Barker.... he's disguised as a black banana."-Shemp

Offline Lefty

Since Octember, the Phillies lost to the eventual league champions, the Eagles lost to the eventual league champions, and the 76ers lost to what was not the eventual league champions (despite that Macy's ad in the Miami paper).  So the Canucks have to win to balance things out.

Offline Liz

• Puddinhead
I'm so glad the Mavs won.  Puts Leloser in his place.
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Since Octember, the Phillies lost to the eventual league champions, the Eagles lost to the eventual league champions, and the 76ers lost to what was not the eventual league champions (despite that Macy's ad in the Miami paper).  So the Canucks have to win to balance things out.

Well if the B's win at least you'll have the excuse that the Flyers lost to the eventual Stanley Cup champs; sounds better than "lost to the eventual Eastern Conference champs". Besides, that was payback for last year.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline JazzBill

Well if the B's win at least you'll have the excuse that the Flyers lost to the eventual Stanley Cup champs; sounds better than "lost to the eventual Eastern Conference champs". Besides, that was payback for last year.

I'm pulling for Boston too. The Canuck's are a bunch of cheap shot artists. And the fact that Boston is one of the original six teams makes me pull for them a little more.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline FineBari3

I'm pulling for Boston too!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I'm going to watch the first hour of the Red Sox/Rays game then will be switching over to Game 7. I'd like to see Luongo get pulled early again.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
2-0, c'mon Bruins...

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Short handed goal! 3-0!

Offline JazzBill

Outstanding, one more period to go. [clap]

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
The penalty kill has been fantastic this series for the Bruins. I noticed that Canuck cheap shot upon coming back from commercials, get them in while you can and watch Boston lift the Cup.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Now I will say it's in the bag Liz after the empty net goal! Woo!

Offline metaldams

I'm not much a hockey fan, but I can enjoy a game if I have to.  Being Connecticut born, it was Hartford Whalers banners in my room as a kid, being the only Connecticut team, yet they no longer exist.

Still, the New Englander in me and Red Sox fan in me says congrats to The Bruins.  My grandfather, as much as he loved The Red Sox, probably loved The Bruins even more as hockey was his favorite sport and The Bruins were his team.  I'm sure he'd be happy.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I always had a soft spot for the Whalers but have been a Bruins fan because I was already a fan of the Red Sox, Patriots and Celtics so I decided to keep it in Boston. Living down below the Mason-Dixon it became damn near impossible to follow hockey but it became a little bit easier when VS finally popped up in the cable lineup. It feels good to win this year especially after dropping a 3-0 lead to the Flyers last year.

In the last ten years Boston has collected 3 Super Bowls, 2 World Series', 1 NBA Championship and 1 Stanley Cup. It's getting a bit harder to remember those many many lean years I had to endure as a fan of Boston sports in the 80's, 90's and 00's.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Now we have about 100,000 Canuck fans showing how classless they are by rioting in the streets of Vancouver. Good going, eh?

Offline Curly4444

Now we have about 100,000 Canuck fans showing how classless they are by rioting in the streets of Vancouver. Good going, eh?

What a bunch of hosers eh?"

Congrats to Boston Bruins, a team that deserved to win.

Offline FineBari3

Way to go, Boston!  It was nice to see former Penguin Mark Recchi raise the cup again!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline JazzBill

Bunch of drunken Canucks rioting. Thats pretty funny. Ya hay dere, I'm aboot to kick some ass.

Offline Liz

• Puddinhead
I can die peacefully now.  I saw the Bruins win a Stanley Cup in my lifetime. ;)
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline Lefty

Vancouver has the best hockey fans in the world.  Everyone knows that.  After all, without them, there never would have been the Broad Street Bullies!  It's Montreal that has the worst fans in hockey, because they riot in deux langues.   [pie]

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Way to go, Boston!  It was nice to see former Penguin Mark Recchi raise the cup again!

Recchi was classic when he got to raise the Cup and left my brother wondering why they didn't hit the delay. I had to explain to him that they don't have a delay during live sports.

Offline Rich Finegan

I'm pulling for Boston too!
Thanks! I'm sure that helped.

For those who remember watching The Bruins on Channel 38, Boston in the early 1970's here is some music from one of my favorite groups that should bring back some fond Bruins memories:

For those who didn't get to see the games on TV-38 back then, this was the Channel 38 Bruins "theme music" used by Ch. 38 to introduce each game.

Offline Rich Finegan

I can die peacefully now.  I saw the Bruins win a Stanley Cup in my lifetime. ;)
But have you seen THE EDDY DUCHIN STORY yet? (Just sneaking a Stooges reference in!)