Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

WHO'S UGLIEST?!?

Poll

None of these Howards are beauties, but which is ugliest?

Shemp Howard
3 (17.6%)
Curly Howard
0 (0%)
Clint Howard
2 (11.8%)
Howard Cosell
7 (41.2%)
Howard the Duck (movie version)
5 (29.4%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Offline Liz

• Donald O'Connor's and Gene Kelly's #1 Fan
  • Puddinhead
    • The Psycho Ward's Classic Film Reviews - Request a film to be reviewed!
Howard the Duck.  I mean, that was just creepy.
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline ILMM

Howard the Duck, definitely.
"That must be Nick Barker.... he's disguised as a black banana."-Shemp

Offline Lefty

Howard the Duck looks like Shaquille O'Neal dumped flour all over himself.

Clint Howard was in an episode of Married With Children.  I couldn't figure out who was uglier -- him or his mother, Jean Speegle Howard.

Howard Cosell's real name was the same as that of Howard Caine (Major Hochstetter of Hogan's Heroes) -- Howard Cohen.  As for Cosell, he had a face for radio and a voice for newspapers.

Offline ThunderStooge

Howard the Duck. That design is even creepier than the Smurfs' design for their CGI movie.
"Wake up and Go ta sleep!"

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
C'mon, adding Howard the Duck totally skews the poll and renders it void. I disregarded that choice and went with Shemp.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
For example it would be akin to me putting up a random poll asking "which of these is better tasting?":

Broccoli
Asparagus
Spinach
Cauliflower
Hot Fudge Sundae

Of course most people are going to pick the sundae!
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

xraffle

How dare you call me ugly!!  [angry5] [angryfire]

I wasn't calling Curly ugly. In fact, I was questioning why Curly is included in this poll. Some women have said to me that Curly was kind of cute, so I found it rather surprising that he's in this poll.

Offline Curly4444

I wasn't calling Curly ugly. In fact, I was questioning why Curly is included in this poll. Some women have said to me that Curly was kind of cute, so I found it rather surprising that he's in this poll.

It was a joke.  [pie]

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier nor why you didn't think of it MNW, but can you have an "ugly Howards" poll without the one and only Howard Stern? That would have been better than Howard The Duck.

Offline middlenamewayne

I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier nor why you didn't think of it MNW, but can you have an "ugly Howards" poll without the one and only Howard Stern? That would have been better than Howard The Duck.

I guess I missed Stern because anyone is beautiful when standing next to Ba Ba Booey! Actually, my first instinct was to go with the names that SCTV used in their classic "Melvin & Howards" routine!

-- mnw

(I see I could change the poll at any time, but I don't think anyone is really that serious about it... right?)

Offline ThunderStooge

I don't think it matters if I was serious or not; I'd still vote the movie version of Howard the Duck.
"Wake up and Go ta sleep!"

Offline curlysdame

In fact, I was questioning why Curly is included in this poll. Some women have said to me that Curly was kind of cute, so I found it rather surprising that he's in this poll.

Haha, well I think we at least agree on one thing:  Curly Howard - not ugly.  Clint Howard, on the other hand, really got screwed in the looks department.
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline Moron4392

• Forever Shemp!!!!!!!!!!
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
I am going to have to go with others and I chose "Howard the Duck", he is creepy looking.  {This may start an argument, but choice two would be "Moe Howard"}:

Moron4392

Offline ILMM

I'm surprised that Howard Cosell has got so many votes, His ugliness seems to me to mostly
be from age. Was he as ugly when he was young?
"That must be Nick Barker.... he's disguised as a black banana."-Shemp

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I guess I missed Stern because anyone is beautiful when standing next to Ba Ba Booey! Actually, my first instinct was to go with the names that SCTV used in their classic "Melvin & Howards" routine!

-- mnw

(I see I could change the poll at any time, but I don't think anyone is really that serious about it... right?)

No, it's nothing serious, and kinda late now. In regards to Stern, one of the most common descriptors is "ugly". Personally I think he does the best with what he has but is not the best looking guy. As for the poll I went with Shemp because in my opinion he is far and away the ugliest of the choices and the only one who made a living off of being ugly.

ILMM: Cosell was never a looker but was not ugly either. I was surprised he got that many votes too.