Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Pics of Your Pets

Offline ThunderStooge

A mere sample, including little kittens!

Sir Hiss

Nala

Momo

Shemp and Noira

Panthra
"Wake up and Go ta sleep!"

Offline metaldams

Ah, I miss my cats.  Oliver passed away last summer, he was only 6 years old and he had cancer.  He looked a lot like your cat Shemp when he was a kitten.  Those cats are awesome, by the way!

My childhood cat Tiger died in 2002, but at least he lived to be 15.  No pets now, but I'll have a cat or two again someday.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

....and yes, Oliver was named after Oliver Hardy.  My next cat, if a boy, will be Stanley.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline ThunderStooge

I feel for your loss.
This is Whitey. (born white like all siamese, and when the color points developed, the name just stuck) He was like my baby throughout most of middle school, all of high school, and for my first couple years of college.

He was only 7 when he disappeared.  We fear a coyote might have gotten him.

Offline metaldams

He was only 7 when he disappeared.  We fear a coyote might have gotten him.

Geez that's awful!

Are any of your cats obssessed with q-tips?  Everytime I went to the bathroom, Oliver would be waiting outside the door when i was done always expecting I'd throw a q-tip down the stairs so he could chase it.  It was the funniest thing.

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline JazzBill

The cat is Alex, he thinks he's a dog. He don't take any shit from the Boxer or the Lab.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline ThunderStooge

Geez that's awful!

Are any of your cats obssessed with q-tips?  Everytime I went to the bathroom, Oliver would be waiting outside the door when i was done always expecting I'd throw a q-tip down the stairs so he could chase it.  It was the funniest thing.

No, but Whitey used to drink out of the toilet occasionally, even when he had water in his dish.  He also had some Ragdoll characteristics, where if you hold in on his back, he'd fall limp with his arms stretched out.

And lol with Alex, Bill.  I'm trying to get Nala used to my step-mom's papillons.  The rest of the cats don't seem to mind them.

My Chinchilla, Ash.

Offline Liz

• Donald O'Connor's and Gene Kelly's #1 Fan
  • Puddinhead
    • The Psycho Ward's Classic Film Reviews - Request a film to be reviewed!
Looks like I have the honor of presenting the first dog in this thread!

This is Charlie Brown.  We got him a few years ago because my mom works at my high school and one of the chemistry teachers gave him to us.

Anyway, here's Charlie wearing my special glasses that I got when I came home from the eye doctor a few years ago:

We also have a dog named Zoe that we got 2 days before Christmas, but she chews everything and I hate her so she's not picture worthy.

I also have two fish named Stan and Ollie. :)

IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline Curly4444

I have two dogs. Lizzy And Lilly. One puppy shot and one adulthood picture.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
You people have a bunch of wussy little drop kick dogs, yuck!

Here's Bandit, a real dog: once he's gone I'm not getting any more pets.

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline metaldams

Here's Bandit, a real dog: once he's gone I'm not getting any more pets.

I have the same fan.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline curlysdame

:laugh:  Great pics, everyone.  Thanks for sharing!

Here's my doggy, Star.  We just lost her in November - like all Collies, she was prone to epilepsy/seizures.  She was almost 13.  Fantastic pooch, the best; very warm and lovey.  'Loved doting on her (yes, she was my 'baby' lol), although I never went as far as to dress her up, ugh.  I think it's stupid, and she wasn't having that shit, either. 

She was a tough old girl, in the end.  I don't know about 'never' getting another pet, but it's certainly gonna take me a long, long time.
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline Curly4444

At least i wont be finding hair all over my house, and go broke feeding it.  >:D

Offline ThunderStooge

I just can't imagine life without pets.  I don't think I've ever been without at least one cat.
My last dog was a german shepherd mix.  Kept the rodents and coyotes away, and was a great childhood companion.  She disappeared a few years ago, sadly.  But she was between 15 and 16, which is pretty good for a dog.  At this point of my life, I decided not to get another dog of my own until I have my own place.

I've also had a few goldfish and bettas.

Offline OldFred

Here comes Super Cookieta! Able to wolf down doggie yummies with a single 'Woof!'.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
At least i wont be finding hair all over my house, and go broke feeding it.  >:D

The food isn't so bad, but the hair sure as hell is. Bandit sheds like a motherfucker and the floors are covered in hair in no time. I brush enough hair off of him to make a dog the size of yours on a daily basis. I have never liked the little dogs; I find them to be annoying with their yipping and  are too much of a hassle. I like big dogs that you can actually rough house a little with and walk with without being embarrassed.

If you're going to get a dog that small I say get a cat instead, they are less of a hassle.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

xraffle

I don't have any pets because I live in an apartment that doesn't allow pets. If I were to get a dog, I'd get a big one. I mean, if I'm going to get a dog, I might as well get one that can protect me if I'm in danger.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I don't care for small dogs either.   My eyesight is poor and for some damned reason little dogs love to stay close to my feet and trip me up; give me a dog big enough to see!  (Cats seem to be smart enough to stay out from under foot most of the time, although I have stepped on a couple in the past.)  ;D

I also can't stand small dogs yipping - it's like fingernails dragged across a chalkboard, for me.

Offline ThunderStooge

I don't mind little dogs, but I prefer medium-to-big breeds.  But not too big.  Those little toy breeds don't do squat in protecting a house in the country.

Offline Curly4444

The food isn't so bad, but the hair sure as hell is. Bandit sheds like a motherfucker and the floors are covered in hair in no time. I brush enough hair off of him to make a dog the size of yours on a daily basis. I have never liked the little dogs; I find them to be annoying with their yipping and  are too much of a hassle. I like big dogs that you can actually rough house a little with and walk with without being embarrassed.

If you're going to get a dog that small I say get a cat instead, they are less of a hassle.

I guess it depends on the dog  & breed. My shih-Tzu's are pretty hassle free. Not much of a yipper's either. The one will bark though when it wants something, but its more of a big bark than a yipping. Also i walk my shih-Tzu's with pride, doesn't bother my masculinity at all.

I did have a little bigger dog when i was a kid. It was a cocker/golden retriever mix.

Offline metaldams

(Cats seem to be smart enough to stay out from under foot most of the time, although I have stepped on a couple in the past.)  ;D

It's a good thing you never had my old cat Oliver.  That little guy, more so as a kitten but even as an adult occasionally, would attack and bite my feet when I was walking up and down the stairs.  He was a hyper little cat, always trying to attack an innocent foot, q-tip, or water bottle cap.  I lived in the only house in America where guests would ask, "Why are there chewed up q-tips on the kitchen floor?"  ;D
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline JazzBill

I don't mind little dogs, but I prefer medium-to-big breeds.  But not too big.  Those little toy breeds don't do squat in protecting a house in the country.

This is the bay window in my house that people see from the street. I haven't had anyone try to break in yet.

"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I guess it depends on the dog  & breed. My shih-Tzu's are pretty hassle free. Not much of a yipper's either. The one will bark though when it wants something, but its more of a big bark than a yipping. Also i walk my shih-Tzu's with pride, doesn't bother my masculinity at all.

I did have a little bigger dog when i was a kid. It was a cocker/golden retriever mix.

It's not a masculinity thing (at least in my case), I would just find it embarrassing to be walking this thing that is allegedly a dog but in reality is smaller than the average cat on a leash. The toy breeds in particular are not real dogs to me. A dog should be bigger than a cat...so I guess in that way I have a prejudice towards the toy breeds ("toyist"?). I hardly believe your Shih-Tzu has a big bark: it might seem big to you because you are around them all the time but I'm sure if I heard it that I would call it a yip.

Another annoying aspect of the toy breeds is that a lot of times they will try to act like they are real dogs. I had a German Shepherd years ago and this mini-dachsund came from out of its yard and started yipping wildly only to find itself flung back into it's yard by my dog. Luckily the owner was understanding ("if he's stupid enough to go up to a dog that big then he deserves to get flung and is lucky he didn't get killed"). Every time I am in someone else's house and their stupid little dog comes up yipping and thinks it's big and bad it takes a lot of restraint not to kick the damn across the room and show it that is not.

Offline Curly4444

My eyesight is poor and for some damned reason little dogs love to stay close to my feet and trip me up

Its tough to get old??  ;D ;D

I hardly believe your Shih-Tzu has a big bark
She's fairly big for her breed. Maybe some other dog mixed in. I heard some other small dogs yip before and its no where near those yippy little dogs. Not real big dog sounding, but also not real yippish sounding either.

My one dog is definitely bigger than a cat, the other the same size or a tad bigger.

Another annoying aspect of the toy breeds is that a lot of times they will try to act like they are real dogs.

To me they are real dogs, but the reason they act like that is some don't realize how small they are, and think their just as big as the other dog.

The reason i don't like big dogs besides the hair, high food cost, and what not is that some of the bigger ones tend to be a little stupid.

Offline Liz

• Donald O'Connor's and Gene Kelly's #1 Fan
  • Puddinhead
    • The Psycho Ward's Classic Film Reviews - Request a film to be reviewed!
I like little dogs better than big dogs because they don't get in your way as much.  Baxter, my old St. Bernard, would always get in the way of the TV, and it would take forever to him to move.

That being said, on Mondays, our landscaper comes, and Charlie goes nuts, even though it happens EVERY FUCKIN' MONDAY.  He should be used to it by now. 

Zoe's bark is annoying and it takes forever for the two of them to shut up.

I prefer cats.
IT'S ALIVE!!!!