Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

American Idol Sucks Ass

Offline Curly4444

Yes, im just discovering this!! /sarcasim  ::)  The worst singer on there wins, go figure. You suck scotty.

PS: I know what your going to say shemps #1, but no they don't all suck!! Just that fucker and a couple others. I guess he should thank those teenie boppers that want to jump his bones.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
...Well they do all suck.

It's a karaoke contest and nothing more. Can some of those people sing well enough to not make you want dig out your eardrums with a rusty nail? Sure, but you put them up against a legit artist that made it on their own w/out American Idol and they get blown right off the stage.

There's a reason these American Idol jabrones mostly go into Country (besides Country being the only genre to have good CD sales): Country fans as less picky.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline metaldams

Some of these people on American Idol have pure techincial singing ability, but none will ever do anything artistic.  They're wanna be pop stars waiting to be marketed.

Scotty, on the other hand, barely has techincal singing ability and is a one-note country bumpkin, so no surprise the sheep vote him as the winner.

This is the first season I remotely followed it, and while there are a few performances I like, overall the show does not impress me.  I did not watch tonight's show but I did catch Judas Priest's performance on Blabbermouth.  Really sad, just trucking out 30 year old hits with a K.K. Downing clone in their ranks to an audience who could give two shits about Judas Priest.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Curly4444

...Well they do all suck.

Gee, how did i know you were going to say that??  ;D

Some of these people on American Idol have pure technical singing ability, but none will ever do anything artistic.  They're wanna be pop stars waiting to be marketed.

So true. Though, I did see a few with some artistic ability's, but the idiots in this country never voted enough for them and they lost. They didn't care about being artistic, they just wanted to see more wanna be pop stars. I almost didn't watch tonight as i could give a rats ass about the final two. I was bored so it was on in the background.

Offline Liz

• Donald O'Connor's and Gene Kelly's #1 Fan
  • Puddinhead
    • The Psycho Ward's Classic Film Reviews - Request a film to be reviewed!
It doesn't even logically make sense.  Sure, anyone can be a star, but you can't just pick random people off the street and turn them into stars.  Not everyone can be an "Idol."  I don't watch that show.  I have better things to watch on television, like Glee.
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I was agreeing with you, Liz, right up to those two last words.   ;D

Offline Curly4444

I was agreeing with you, Liz, right up to those two last words.   ;D
Ditto. I like some cheesy stuff, but glee is even too much for me to handle. Maybe its a chick thing?

Sure, anyone can be a star, but you can't just pick random people off the street and turn them into stars. Not everyone can be an "Idol."

Well of course, everyone can't become an american idol. Its just that one lucky & talented( I use the term lightly) person. Other major stars were just random people at one time. They just had a little luck, and were noticed by the recording industry or knew someone. American Idol is just another way to get your foot in the door.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I have to disagree with you, Quad 4's. First, most of the American Idol winners generally fade away into obscurity. In fact, looking at a list of winners on Wikipedia (since I abhor the show and do not watch it at all) the only one who has had a big career is Carrie Underwood. Others who were on the show and lost have done well, like Clay Aiken and Chris Daughtry, and Jennifer Hudson has gotten some acting roles. Let's not say that the winners have all gone on to be "American Idols".

Second, other major stars had a boatload of talent, some combined that with a good look, most had to work their asses off from the ground up and almost all can destroy the American Idol contestants. I don't like Christina Aguilera at all but she would destroy any American Idol contestant in a singing competition. American Idol is a joke and a sham and any male over the age of 25 that watches that garbage should have to exchange his penis for a fresh new vagina.

We are not in total disagreement though: Glee is absolutely terrible and the worst show on television bar none. The fact that turn some great great music into terrible showtunes is revolting and if I were Supreme Dictator of the World everyone involved in that show from Rupert Murdoch on down would have been killed after the third episode.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Curly4444

In fact, looking at a list of winners on Wikipedia (since I abhor the show and do not watch it at all) the only one who has had a big career is Carrie Underwood.

What about Kelly Clarkson?

Second, other major stars had a boatload of talent, some combined that with a good look, most had to work their asses off from the ground up and almost all can destroy the American Idol contestants.
A select few of the constants on Idol had talent, good looks and did work their asses off. They just weren't having any luck making it big, and need idol to get their foot in the door. I think Chris Daugherty, and Jennifer Hudson were example of this?

I don't think Idol is a total joke. If your a major talent and is having trouble landing that big gig, Idol may be a way for you to accomplish this. I know there may be better ways, but if you have tried everything, idol could be a last resort.

We are not in total disagreement though: Glee is absolutely terrible and the worst show on television bar none. The fact that turn some great great music into terrible showtunes is revolting and if I were Supreme Dictator of the World everyone involved in that show from Rupert Murdoch on down would have been killed after the third episode.

Wouldn't Glee make a good form of torture?? Maybe they should also make this another option instead of capitol punishment?? I'd choose death personally.  ;D :D

Offline Liz

• Puddinhead
All right, all right, if it makes anyone feel any better, I was never into Glee until one of my groupmates for my RWS (Rhetoric and Writing Studies, an English major's nightmare), used a clip of their cover of Lady Bitch Bitch's "Born This Way."  I actually liked it.  And then add the fact that one of my floormates (well, technically, she lived upstairs) was obsessed with it.  It was unavoidable!

If it makes anyone feel any better 2:  I have better things to watch on TV than Glee, like Jack Nicholson movies.  In fact, I just finished watching Hoffa.  He was cuter when he was younger though.  He creeps me out in his older movies.

And Quad 4's, I agree with you.  While not a huge modern music fan, Jennifer Hudson is terrific, and I kind of like Daughtry.
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I actually thought "Lady Bitch Bitch" was some obscure band name for a second there, just to show you how out of touch I am.

Jennifer Hudson is better known for her acting than her music, no? I saw her in The Secret Life of Bees which was actually a good movie and plan on watching Dreamgirls sometime soon. I don't remember her making a big splash on the music scene, but like I said I'm out of touch.

Kelly Clarkson is MIA and with good reason. The only reason she sold any amount of albums was because Idol was hot. She didn't have the talent or good enough looks to take her anywhere really. The only Idol winner to have a successful music career is Underwood, and that's in a Country music scene that has become homogenized beyond repair.

Offline Rhinosaurus

So turn off your tv and go out and watch a local band, probably more talen there anyway!

Offline Curly4444

I actually thought "Lady Bitch Bitch" was some obscure band name for a second there, just to show you how out of touch I am

I call her "Lady Whore Whore".

Offline Liz

• Puddinhead

Offline Curly4444

This works too.

lol

If you watched the finale of Idol, evidence of her slutty-ness was very clear. In some freakish costume she was getting it on with this dancer. They ought to market her outfit as a Halloween costume.  ;D   She starts to dry hump him about 2:50. At 3:30 i thought clothes were going to come off.

Disclaimer:
I am not responsible for how violently ill you may become after watching this. If you puke after watching this, plz don't sue me!!  :D

[youtube=425,350]2d1FIvhqnRI[/youtube]

Offline ThunderStooge

Eeegh!  My step-mom and my sis both like American Idol.  But my dad and I really don't care for it at all.  It tends to focus more on the pop, sometimes country genres, neither of which really appeal to us.

Feel free to eye-poke, slap, punch, the whole works on me, but I have to admit that I actually find some of Lady Gaga's music somewhat tolerable compared to most the rest of today's pop garbage.  I am not all that fond of her wardrobe, but she's a better singer than say Katy Perry or Miley Cyrus.

Reality shows in general, with a few exceptions, don't appeal to me at all.  I didn't even care for the stuff when Survivor was at its peak of popularity.  A lot of them (not all of them) are just the networks exploiting mankind's worst qualities for ratings.  I'd have no problem with that if it weren't for the fact that these are real people, not fictional characters.  I'm sorry but I can't relate to these people.  You're not going to see me making a fool out of myself on national television unless it was intentional.
"Wake up and Go ta sleep!"

Offline Liz

• Puddinhead
Reality shows are hilarious.  I love laughing at idiots.  Look at how hard I laughed at Boid.

In other news, I listened to Judas by Lady Gaga last night.  I laughed at how dumb it was.
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline kinderscenen

Every time I rant about American Idol, one of my parents throw in the fact that one of my favorite bands (The Zombies) won a similar type contest.  Yeah, kinda, but those were bands, they could actually read music (okay, I shouldn't say that the AI folks can't read music, but....the more I've accompanied people who thought that they could audition for Idol, the more these people actually expect me to PLAY THEIR PARTS FOR THEM!!!)

Man, I can't even get much of a rant out, because while Jennifer Hudson clearly outsang Beyonce (hell, most of us could too!  ;)) in Dreamgirls, the Weight Watchers commercials have demolished any good feeling I may have had about her singing talents. (Enunciate! Enunciate!)

Maybe she needs to gargle with old razor blades!
Larry: They’ll hang us for this!
Moe: I know! Let’s cremate him!
Larry: Can’t do that--we ain’t got no cream!