Offline Boid Brain

This woman

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

Offline Boid Brain

Linda Hamilton
It damn sure looks like her, but it's her twin sister who allegedly doubled for her in T2 in several scenes. I have read that she was only the double in the dream sequence where the bomb went off....also just in the elevator scene.

Then I have also read that Linda broke a bone and was doubled in a TON of scenes in the film! More than Linda herself. I'm really curious about these gals, but have not been abled to get anything definitive on it.

One site I visited avered that she was really the actress in the 'Beauty and the Beast' TV show!!!

So BeAstooge....what you got?

Edit: I have yet to find a picture of the twins together. Could it be a total hoax?

Offline Curly4444

For a minute i thought boid brain was sniffing glue or something, but he was right. She does have a twin sister. Her name is Leslie Hamilton.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linda_Hamilton

Offline Boid Brain

For a minute i thought boid brain was sniffing glue or something, but he was right. She does have a twin sister. Her name is Leslie Hamilton.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linda_Hamilton
I'm not above sniffing glue, but I'm dead serious about my useless movie trivia!

So Curly, what YOU got on this?

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man

Here they are in glorious black and white.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Curly4444

I'm not above sniffing glue, but I'm dead serious about my useless movie trivia!

So Curly, what YOU got on this?

Not much, but When i was checking if this was true, i  did see something that said Linda Hamilton was bi-polar? Didn't know that. Kinda sad.

I never knew Linda had a twin, and a sister that body doubled for her. Very interesting stuff on a movie i love. So thanks for posting.

Offline Boid Brain

Here they are in glorious black and white.
I'm guessing that's Leslie on the right?

Offline Boid Brain

Not much, but When i was checking if this was true, i  did see something that said Linda Hamilton was bi-polar? Didn't know that. Kinda sad.

I never knew Linda had a twin, and a sister that body doubled for her. Very interesting stuff on a movie i love. So thanks for posting.

Sure thing....this has me thinking: how many celeb twins have there been? All I can think of is Elvis and Jose Canseco. ???

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen (identical)
Tia and Tamara Mowry (identical)
Jon (Napoleon Dynamite) and Daniel Heder (identical)
Ashton & Michael Kutcher (fraternal)

I know Keifer Sutherland has a twin sister and I think John Elway does too.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Rich Finegan

Sure thing....this has me thinking: how many celeb twins have there been? All I can think of is Elvis and Jose Canseco. ???
In just a minute I thought of these:
I'm sure I and others can come up with more.

Beverly & Bettymae Crane - Known for their unique "talking titles" presentation of the cast & credits of several Hal Roach films of the early 1930's. Although they appeared in a few other films as actresses actually their main talent was as dancers and they appeared as such in successful Broadway shows and a few musical films.

The Mauch Twins - Billy & Bobby - starred in Warner Bros. movies in the late 1930's.

Barbara & Gloria Brewster - in films: late 1930's & early 1940's. Buster Keaton fans would know them from the 1937 Educational short DITTO.

The Wilde Twins - Lee & Lyn. Singers/actresses, 1940's. Were in singing trio with sister Lou as Lee, Lyn and Lou in early 1940's.

And, skipping ahead a few generations:
Robin & Maurice Gibb of The Bee Gees.

Offline Boid Brain

Shemps and Rich: I was thinking of IDENTICAL twins like the Hamilton girls. Not the run-of-the-mill frats, or folks I never heard of.

The Olsens qualify, but again, I was thinking grownup stars with an unknown twin. There must have been gobs of child twins due to the labor laws. (not that I can name any)

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
How am I supposed to know whom you have or haven't heard of? I am not Criswell and cannot read your mind. You asked for celebrity twins and you got some and you said nothing about no fraternal twins so the fraternals count as do the Olsen twins.

Offline Boid Brain

How am I supposed to know whom you have or haven't heard of? I am not Criswell and cannot read your mind. You asked for celebrity twins and you got some and you said nothing about no fraternal twins so the fraternals count as do the Olsen twins.
LOL....well come on now! You have read my stuff long enuff to know that I have heard of the Gibbs and Olsens, but there were a bunch of obscure names on there from the 40s that me or you never heard of!

BTW, you knew enuff about me to know I would get your Criswell reference! Ha!

Offline Rich Finegan

Shemps and Rich: I was thinking of IDENTICAL twins like the Hamilton girls. Not the run-of-the-mill frats, or folks I never heard of.

I purposely listed examples of lesser-known twins (anyway I know more about the 1930's & 1940's than I do about current "celebrities"). But I provided a little info about each. That's how you can learn about them! Now you can't say you've never heard of them.
And I believe all the sets of twins I listed were identical.

xraffle

Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen (identical)

Actually, believe it or not, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are fraternal twins.

Offline Boid Brain

Actually, believe it or not, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are fraternal twins.
Raff,,,that is utterly rediculas.

xraffle

http://www.nndb.com/people/660/000025585/
They are fraternal twins, not identical twins, so there are several distinct clues for telling which is which.

http://www.askmen.com/celebs/women/actress_150/186_olsen_twins.html
Though they look identical, Mary-Kate and Ashley, born on June 13th, 1986 in Sherman Oaks, California, are actually fraternal twins.

http://billboarddad.warnerbros.com/cmp/aboutgirls.htm
While they appear to be identical twins they are fraternal-with Ashley, who is right-handed, born two minutes before southpaw Mary-Kate.

http://www.notablebiographies.com/news/Li-Ou/Olsen-Mary-Kate-and-Ashley.html
The Olsens were not identical twins but rather fraternal, but they looked enough alike to win the job.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Wow, that's a new one on me X (not that I needed all that proof lol). Come to think of it when you look at a picture of them as adults they do look a bit different but not much. They are the most "identical" looking fraternal twins I have ever seen.

Offline Liz

• Donald O'Connor's and Gene Kelly's #1 Fan
  • Puddinhead
    • The Psycho Ward's Classic Film Reviews - Request a film to be reviewed!
Pssst...you put the name in the image file again.
IT'S ALIVE!!!!