Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Rapture?

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Well thank you Sarah. Unfortunately my plan has been to take his muzzle off on 6/1 so he will get full posting privileges reinstated starting tomorrow. Whether he digs his own grave and buries himself in it will have to be seen, it should be interesting.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline ThunderStooge

Do you mind if this newbie gets the popcorn ready?
"Wake up and Go ta sleep!"

Offline Liz

• Donald O'Connor's and Gene Kelly's #1 Fan
  • Puddinhead
    • The Psycho Ward's Classic Film Reviews - Request a film to be reviewed!
God IS good.  When he fucks up tomorrow (and I KNOW he will), as devout a Catholic as I am, I shall exclaim, "Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!"
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline ThunderStooge

This site compiles a bunch of end-of-the-world scenarios, all ranging from scientific, philosophical, and religious, to just plain ridiculous.
In my opinion, the most likely scenarios won't happen in our lifetime.  As an agnostic, I say the world will end when the world ends.  In the meantime, I'm just going to enjoy life.

Offline FineBari3

In my opinion, the most likely scenarios won't happen in our lifetime.  As an agnostic, I say the world will end when the world ends.  In the meantime, I'm just going to enjoy life.

Right on!   [thumbleft]
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

xraffle

This site compiles a bunch of end-of-the-world scenarios, all ranging from scientific, philosophical, and religious, to just plain ridiculous.
In my opinion, the most likely scenarios won't happen in our lifetime.  As an agnostic, I say the world will end when the world ends.  In the meantime, I'm just going to enjoy life.

That's the thing. The world will most likely end AFTER our lifetime, so I don't understand why idiots like Camping waste their time on this. Just enjoy life and quit trying to figure out the end of the world through asinine calculations.

Offline metaldams

The world may very well end during our lifetime, at least as we know it.  Remember, humanity is insane enough to have invented the weapons to achieve the effect.

All I know is I have no control over the end of the world, so I don't bother thinking much about it.  Be good to yourself, be good to others, be open minded, cheer for The Red Sox, realize you probably don't know the answers, eat Mexican food weekly, and the rest will take care of itself.  That's my philosophy, and I'm still trying to perfect it.

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
That's the thing. The world will most likely end AFTER our lifetime, so I don't understand why idiots like Camping waste their time on this. Just enjoy life and quit trying to figure out the end of the world through asinine calculations.

The biggest problem with goof balls like Camping is that they make Christianity look silly to non-believers (not to mention confusing naive Christians who should know better if they actually read the New Testament.)  The founder of the faith made it clear that it is pointless to guess when He would come again, and emphasized that we should live every day as though it could be our last (which it certainly could, for any of us.)  You would think that after so many wrong predictions people would stop listening to nutcases like Camping, Hal Lindsey, Al Gore, et al, but they always manage to find some suckers and the media loves to play up end-of-the-world predictions to scare the gullible.

Like Doug, I don't bother to worry about when or how the world will end, since I have absolutely no control over it no matter what happens.

[youtube=425,350]d-diB65scQU[/youtube]

Offline ThunderStooge

[youtube=425,350]WlBiLNN1NhQ[/youtube]
Always keep this in mind

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
There you go, Boid is free.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Back in the Dark Ages when Christians were burning "witches" and condemning Gallileo for having the gall to say that the Bible might be wrong about the shape of the planet Muslims were actually progressive and making many advances in science, math, medicine and art. They also kept a lot of ancient history alive that the "intelligent" Judeo Christians wanted to destroy for posterity like the Ancient Greek texts because they were "Pagan" in origin.
With all respect, you're buying some common misconceptions about history there.

Galileo, for one: The position he stood against had nothing to do with the Bible. It was actually current "science" that the Catholic church adopted in spite of what the Bible said.
"Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day." -- Samuel Goldwyn

The people who have your best interests at heart...
...are generally not the ones telling you whatever you want to hear.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Actually I had attached the wrong idea to Mr. Galilei, lol. He defended heliocentrism (the Sun is stationary and the planets revolve around it, which we now know to be true of course) and the ideas of Copernicus. He went to Rome to defend Copernicus' ideas and ask the RCC not to ban them and later on (under request from the Pope of the time) wrote Dialogue Concerning the Two Chief World Systems and was found guilty of "heresy" by the Inquisition, eventually condemned to house arrest. At the time (and some would say even today) the RCC was a 1984-esque Thought Police and if you weren't in lock step with their official positions you were toast. I'm surprised no one caught me on that.

Offline Boid Brain

There you go, Boid is free.
LOL....I may be free, but the sword of Damacles is hanging over my head! Shemps, you must be psychic.  [pie]

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I usually keep a tab open to the site and check it periodically...relax.

Offline Lefty

Stoke, stroke, Coke, or choke, it should have happened to him 89 years ago.

xraffle

Stoke, stroke, Coke, or choke, it should have happened to him 89 years ago.

Oops! That's my error. It's fixed.

Offline ThunderStooge

I know strokes are a serious matter, and Camping is only human, but I had a hard time trying not to grin.  If there is a god, I want him or her to know that I apologize.