Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Rapture?

Offline Boid Brain

I was gonna start a thread about how celebs always die in 3's. Harmon Killibrew, Randy Savage and who will be next? Then I realized that we are ALL next! The world's coming to and end on Saturday!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Better get your final posts in quick Boys and Girls!

I'm searching madly for newdie pics to post!

Offline JazzBill

I was gonna start a thread about how celebs always die in 3's. Harmon Killibrew, Randy Savage and who will be next? Then I realized that we are ALL next! The world's coming to and end on Saturday!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Better get your final posts in quick Boys and Girls!

I'm searching madly for newdie pics to post!

I usually try to refrain from poking fun at anyones religion or lack of religion. But, Harold Camping is making that hard to do. I can't wait to hear what kind of bullshit he's going to be talking Sunday when nothing happens. What an idiot.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I'll still be here, apparently getting a "666" tattoo while awaiting the Jesus/Satan showdown. You're forgetting that only the "true believers" will be raptured.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I'll still be here, apparently getting a "666" tattoo while awaiting the Jesus/Satan showdown. You're forgetting that only the "true believers" will be raptured.

Our old friend Pilsner posted this on Facebook...

Offline metaldams

After tomorrow it's just going to be Slipp and a bunch of cockroaches.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline curlysdame

You're forgetting that only the "true believers" will be raptured.

I know I won't be raptured.... because I listen to the Howard Stern Show.  I'm definitely a fan of the 'Tradio' prank calls:

http://youtu.be/WfAkVwrEiVA
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline ILMM

Camping is a big joker. A joker who's pulled a stunt like this before. The sad part is that
He might really believe what He's saying, and He's gotten others to believe it too.
"That must be Nick Barker.... he's disguised as a black banana."-Shemp

Offline Shemp_Diesel

And here I thought the world was coming to an end on December 22 2012, when the aliens returned to retake the planet. I guess I can't believe everything I hear on the X- Files.

;D
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Just keep in mind that the vast majority of evangelical Christians aren't even listening to this guy.
"Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day." -- Samuel Goldwyn

The people who have your best interests at heart...
...are generally not the ones telling you whatever you want to hear.

Offline Lefty

It was nice of that Camping clod to designate this EOW for after my 10th wedding anniversary (yesterday) and the end of the bowling season (also yesterday).

Offline ILMM

Just keep in mind that the vast majority of evangelical Christians aren't even listening to this guy.

That's right!

Offline Boid Brain

And here I thought the world was coming to an end on December 22 2012, when the aliens returned to retake the planet. I guess I can't believe everything I hear on the X- Files.

;D
That's right. I had forgotten about that! My daughter told me about that date and she totally fucking believes it.  [cry]

xraffle

The end of the world was supposed to be today at 6pm EST. It's now 6:35pm EST, so it's now the end of the world. So far, I'm enjoying it.

Offline Moron4392

• Forever Shemp!!!!!!!!!!
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Hey Xraffle:

Now it is 6:45 PM EST and like you, I am enjoying the end of the world, since it was a giant hoax.

Moron4392

xraffle

Hey Xraffle:

Now it is 6:45 PM EST and like you, I am enjoying the end of the world, since it was a giant hoax.

Moron4392

It sure was. Can you believe that Harold Camping spent $140,000 to spread this ridiculous rumor? If this guy is supposedly religious and doing this for religious reasons, how about using the money to feed the hungry people out there instead of trying to put idiotic ideas into people's heads?

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I'm disappointed that I didn't get to see flying Christians today.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline metaldams

I was hoping to go to Heaven today, I need to see another flying elbow drop.  I was hoping a giant "Oooooh yeah!!!  Snap into a Slim Jim" would bellow from the sky before the great disaster, but no such luck.

That said, there is sect of Christians who believe this bile, but I would say 90% of Christians even think this guy is a joke.  Did you guys have billboards on your local highways talking about this 5/21/11 judgement day date?  I saw it everyday on the way to work.
- Doug Sarnecky

Can you believe that Harold Camping spent $140,000 to spread this ridiculous rumor? If this guy is supposedly religious and doing this for religious reasons, how about using the money to feed the hungry people out there instead of trying to put idiotic ideas into people's heads?
Amen. Well, now he can start feeding people by making omelets out of all the egg on his face.
"Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day." -- Samuel Goldwyn

The people who have your best interests at heart...
...are generally not the ones telling you whatever you want to hear.

Offline Lefty

Well, 6:00 p.m. has come and gone everywhere from Kiritimati to Western Samoa, and we're all still here.  I suppose now that that feather-brained imbecile Camping will come up with a new date.  I hear that there's one available in December of 2012.  Now maybe he should take himself and his flock of nitwits (including the politicians) and go join up with Bin Laden and his 72 vegans.

xraffle

I don't understand why people bother figuring out when the world will end. I mean, who cares? It happens when it happens. We're all better off not knowing anyway. And we'll probably be long dead when it does because it may not happen until the year 3000, or 5000, or 10000, etc... So again I say, who cares when the world ends?!!

Offline Liz

• Donald O'Connor's and Gene Kelly's #1 Fan
  • Puddinhead
    • The Psycho Ward's Classic Film Reviews - Request a film to be reviewed!
I don't understand why people bother figuring out when the world will end. I mean, who cares? It happens when it happens. We're all better off not knowing anyway. And we'll probably be long dead when it does because it may not happen until the year 3000, or 5000, or 10000, etc... So again I say, who cares when the world ends?!!
Besides, it says that we won't know when the end will come in the Bible itself, which means a prediction is futile.
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
For my weight maintenance menu I was formulating, I had a "Rapture Saturday, May 21" menu made up, and also a "Left Behind Sunday, May 22" menu ... I guess I jinxed it.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline Boid Brain

Harold Camping finally spoke out. He said he was off by 5 months. Judgment Day will occur in October 2011.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/995652--preacher-says-he-was-5-months-off-judgment-day-will-occur-in-october?bn=1

[idiot2]
Maybe we could combine the Rapture with Halloween? I would love to drift up to Heaven in my Quasimodo costume.

Offline ILMM

Harold Camping finally spoke out. He said he was off by 5 months. Judgment Day will occur in October 2011.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/995652--preacher-says-he-was-5-months-off-judgment-day-will-occur-in-october?bn=1

[idiot2]

Wasn't there an october date in His first prediction?