Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Three Stooges & Folk/Fairy Tales

Offline 3DStooge

With the recent popularity of folk & fairy tales on the big screen: Red Riding Hood; Hoodwinked 2; Hansel and Gretel(2 versions comming up); Snow White and the Huntress, etc., it is time to bring attention to the Three Stooges and their connection to folk and fairy tales. First and most well known is the feature, Snow White and the Three Stooges. Then there is the 33 1/3 rpm recording put out by Peter Pan, The 3 Stooges Meet Cinderella. Lesser known are the 2 episodes of, The New 3 Stooges: Boobs in the Woods(aka Stooges in the Woods)- an adaption of Hansel and Gretel; Three Jacks and a Beanstalk. Did I miss any? As far as the Three Stooges connection to Hansel and Gretel, it is not mentioned anywhere on the internet(except for here and now)and  it should be. I put it on Wikipedia and later someone removed it. Maybe they didn't like the Stooges! :police:

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
there is the 33 1/3 rpm recording put out by Peter Pan, The 3 Stooges Meet Cinderella.

That 1976 record was a release of a track taken from the 1963 LP "The Three Stooges in Storyland." The LP also spun off other storytracks in 45rpm & 78rpm formats in 1963/1964. A complete Three Stooges Discography can be found on this website.

The Three Stooges in Storyland (1963 LP)

2 episodes of, The New 3 Stooges: Boobs in the Woods(aka Stooges in the Woods)- an adaption of Hansel and Gretel; Three Jacks and a Beanstalk. Did I miss any? As far as the Three Stooges connection to Hansel and Gretel, it is not mentioned anywhere on the internet(except for here and now)

There are more than two. You can find them by reading thru the synopses of all 156 NEW 3 STOOGES cartoons, here on this website.

Offline 3DStooge

Thanks for your very informative reply BeAStooge! I saw there were TV episode adaptions of Goldilocks; Red Riding Hood; and others. It was also interesting to see that they met a character, Count Dunkula" in 2 different episodes. As for the recordings(why aren't more of them rated?) there was also adaptions of, The Ugly Duckling; Aladdin and the Wonderful Lamp. :o