Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Buster Keaton: A HARD ACT TO FOLLOW Documentary

Offline metaldams

I am posting this for partial lazy reasons and partial sharing.  The lazy is I don't have time to watch this now so I'm making an easy place to find it again.  The sharing is, well...some others here may want to watch this.  This is supposed to be the best documentary ever made about Buster Keaton, so if you watch it, let me know what you think.  Kevin Brownlow did this one, and everything else I've ever seen the guy make or write is high quality, so check this out.

[youtube=425,350]dxN8lowGaow[/youtube]

Part 1

[youtube=425,350]rM6q7MC9NXM[/youtube]

Part 2

[youtube=425,350]12hDR2iegtk[/youtube]

Part 3

[youtube=425,350]5NqgsMuo15M[/youtube]

Part 4

[youtube=425,350]0upz7eDYWOI[/youtube]

Part 5

[youtube=425,350]FRIBLx8Zwo8[/youtube]

Part 6

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Bum

YES, definitely the best Keaton documentary, and one of the best comedy-related documentaries of all time! I taped this twice: Around 20 years ago when it was on "American Masters" on PBS, then again in 1995 when it was on AMC. Funny how this posted version doesn't contain on-screen graphics that identify people and films [my AMC version does, and I THINK my PBS version does as well].

Just to let you know, Metaldams, the six parts you posted here are not the complete film. There are three total episodes [each running about 45-50 minutes], and you posted parts 1-3 of Episode One, and parts 4-6 of Episode Two. If you watch them in sequence as posted here, you're going to wonder why there's a gap of several years between parts 3 and 4. If the whole thing is posted on youtube, and you can watch it in order, I promise that you wont be disappointed!

Question: Why do the British *ALWAYS* produce better documentaries about American topics than the Americans do? My wish before I die would be to see a Stooges documentary done in the exact style of this one!!!

Offline FineBari3

Question: Why do the British *ALWAYS* produce better documentaries about American topics than the Americans do? My wish before I die would be to see a Stooges documentary done in the exact style of this one!!!

The Canadians, too. I think it is because of their state funded TV and arts. It is easier to get money for a documentary there.

I remember watching this on PBS on its initial run, when I was 17!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline metaldams

Just to let you know, Metaldams, the six parts you posted here are not the complete film. There are three total episodes [each running about 45-50 minutes], and you posted parts 1-3 of Episode One, and parts 4-6 of Episode Two. If you watch them in sequence as posted here, you're going to wonder why there's a gap of several years between parts 3 and 4. If the whole thing is posted on youtube, and you can watch it in order, I promise that you wont be disappointed!

Yikes!!  Thanks for letting me know that. 
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Boid Brain

I saw that Documentary, and it was good.....Keaton was absolutely the Houdini of comedy. Such dangerous stunts! Chaplin was slick....Lloyd for a 7 fingered man was a wonder....but Buster was the man.