Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Mind Games

Offline Boid Brain

"A MAN A PLAN A CANAL PANAMA"

The above quotation I found in Omni magazine in the games/quiz section in the back of the mag some 30 years ago. I liked that section a lot, but I was pretty shitty at solving the puzzles, math, word and diagram problems.

I used to know dozens of those types of quizzlers to show folks at bars and boring times during parties just getting started. This is the only decent one that I remember because when I read the answer I was fairly blown away. To this day I can't figure how somebody sat down and composed it.

If you have some of your own, I would enjoy seeing them and trying to solve. I'm sure they will jog my memory for some that I have forgot.

Offline Boid Brain

18 views and no one has solved the riddle of "Panama"? :o

Offline Boid Brain

Now 65 views and no answer??! Are all these views from visitors? Will no one participate? Is this a lame premise for a topic?

Offline Boid Brain

OK, I got a PM from Moron who stated that he did not know what was required to solve "Panama"....maybe I was too vague.

You have to LOOK at that sentence...thats all..look at it and glean the the incredible smarts required to compose it. To me it's a wonder. Dunrobin: I would think you would have got it already (if you are present tonite)

Oh, and Moron, thanx again for your interest.

Offline ILMM

It's a palindrome. I have a unfair advantage as I have a book of them, and that one is in it.
"That must be Nick Barker.... he's disguised as a black banana."-Shemp

Offline Boid Brain

It's a palindrome. I have a unfair advantage as I have a book of them, and that one is in it.
Oh! You gave it away to those trying to figure it out! So now that you have solved it, as you have a book, I fully expect you to post a new brain teaser!

Don't let me down!

Offline ILMM

Oh! You gave it away to those trying to figure it out! So now that you have solved it, as you have a book, I fully expect you to post a new brain teaser!

Don't let me down!

It's a book of just palindromes, but I'll gladly post one if you want!

Offline Boid Brain

It's a book of just palindromes, but I'll gladly post one if you want!
Don't be silly, now that everyone knows about Palendromes it would be worthless to post more. I meant post a different type of brain teaser.

Offline ILMM

O.K. I'll find one.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I had it figured out, I didn't think you wanted people answering it because it's so obvious I thought you were just citing an example of a brain teaser.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Boid Brain

I had it figured out, I didn't think you wanted people answering it because it's so obvious I thought you were just citing an example of a brain teaser.
I tip my hat to you for knowing it quick. So, do you have one we can ponder?

Offline Smaug

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
If you like palindromes:

[youtube=425,350]Nej4xJe4Tdg[/youtube]

Offline Smaug

Thanks, Rob, I was going to post that vid but uh, well, lazy, ya know?