The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Site's seems to be running smooth again

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Well, I still don't know what the problem was, exactly, as I haven't heard anything more from the tech support people at the hosting company, but they apparently re-booted the database server around Noon today and the site seems to be running fine now.

In case you missed it, the site - and in particular, the message boards - were largely unavailable last night and this morning.  There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the scripts (nothing has been changed on the message boards for a while), but it was damned frustrating trying to get pages to load.  Sometimes they would load, most of the time they wouldn't.  I couldn't find any rhyme or reason for it, and - interestingly - the forum error log didn't turn up anything (at least, there was nothing unusual in it.)

Let's hope that doesn't happen again anytime soon.
[faint2]

Offline Lola-Lou

• Porcupine
  • Applehead
  • I know, I keep changing my name.The voices told me
Well great! I'm glad everything is back on track. I thought it was just my shitty-ass PC acting up again. I was ready, sledge hammer in hand, to take my frustrations out on an innocent computer. (Watch: something from MY computer fucked up the site. Just my kind of luck.)
"I see" said the blind man peeing into the wind "it's all coming back to me now."

Offline fansince8