The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

SKIDOO (1968) coming to DVD

Linked Events

• Groucho in SKIDOO on DVD: July 19, 2011

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
SKIDOO (1968) is coming to DVD on July 19.

Not sure if that's good or bad. One of the worst films made... unless you're under your influence of choice. Groucho Marx's cinematic farewell.

Offline Bum

Worth purchasing just for the sight of Groucho smoking an "herbal jazz cigarette"  at the end of the movie!

Offline falsealarms

Offline FineBari3

Worth purchasing just for the sight of Groucho smoking an "herbal jazz cigarette"  at the end of the movie!

YES!  Supposedly Groucho took LSD under Timothy Leary's guidance at this time (1968).

I have never seen this film, and I think I have to see it just to know how bad it is!

"Anybody that don't like that, Daddy, don't like chicken on Sunday!"
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline stoogie

I never thought I'd see the day that film was released on DVD. How'd they do it, didn't otto premeiger's estate prevent them from releasing that film.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
This is a film that I have to see.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline middlenamewayne

This is a film that I have to see.
I got a bootleg DVD of it years ago, and not only do I love it, but every time I've watched it over the years and other people came into the room, they were always completely transfixed and absolutely loved it, even if they weren't the sort of person you'd think would be into that sort of thing at all. Weird...

- mnw

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I forgot to update my prior post.  I was able to view it a few days later and it is a hilarious catastrophe of a movie. Skidoo has quickly become one of my favorite bad movies of all time and anyone who's like me and enjoys watching movies "so bad they are good" owes it to themselves to give this one a view.

The end with Carol Channing running around the ship with the hippies singing the title song cracks me up without fail.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown