Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Seven days till liftoff

Offline hiramhorwitz

I can barely wait for next Thursday, when I load up the car and drive 700 miles to Pennsylvania.  Yes, it's almost that time again -- the time I look forward to every year -- the occasion of the annual Fan Club Meeting and Stoogeum weekend drop-in. 

Hope to see you there!

Offline JazzBill

I can barely wait for next Thursday, when I load up the car and drive 700 miles to Pennsylvania.  Yes, it's almost that time again -- the time I look forward to every year -- the occasion of the annual Fan Club Meeting and Stoogeum weekend drop-in. 

Hope to see you there!

Got the bike all tuned up and ready to go. It's about 800 miles for me, I hope the weather gets a little warmer.  ;D
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline curlysdame

Wow, only 7 days left?  I can hardly wait!
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

stevenfrank38

Offline FineBari3

I will be there Friday evening (at the bar Friday night!), and I will be working registration Saturday morning! 

Bill, I sure do hope it warms up for your ride! It is 43 and raining here in Pittsburgh!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline garystooge

Just a quick update on the special guest list.  Adrian Booth Brian (Lorna Gray) and Sally Starr are still expected to attend as are Joan Maurer and Paul Howard.  Unfortunately, Curly's daughter Marilyn Ellman has informed us that she and her sons Brad & Darren Server will be unable to make it this year.

There are at least 10-15 people on this board who have attended in the past....hope you're all able to make it this year and as always I look forward to seeing everybody once again!
Gary

Offline fasteddiek

Four Days and it's the ROADTRIP! Ahhhh, the dusty road to the outskirts of Philly, the anticipation of finding that special item on the table of that dealer/fan   on the bourse floor! The anticipation of seeing and greeting old and new friends! The hunt to find what Gary has put that's "NEW" in the Stoogeum. It sure is a grand time of the year isn't it folks! See you all there and may you all have a safe and comfortable trip! Peace!

Offline Rich Finegan

Before we see her in person at The Meeting, we can see Joan Howard Maurer on Turner Classic Movies Tuesday morning, April 26.

She is in the 1938 Warner Bros. feature SWING YOUR LADY as one of Louise Fazenda's kids. Joan gets several scenes in the movie, one of the few she made in which she actually gets onscreen billing in the cast list.
Although it has a good cast and can be fun if one doesn't expect much, it really is quite silly, and was considered by star Humphrey Bogart to be one of his worst movies.

Info here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0030820/combined

Offline FineBari3

Before we see her in person at The Meeting, we can see Joan Howard Maurer on Turner Classic Movies Tuesday morning, April 26.

She is in the 1938 Warner Bros. feature SWING YOUR LADY as one of Louise Fazenda's kids. Joan gets several scenes in the movie, one of the few she made in which she actually gets onscreen billing in the cast list.
Although it has a good cast and can be fun if one doesn't expect much, it really is quite silly, and was considered by star Humphrey Bogart to be one of his worst movies.

Info here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0030820/combined

Thanks, Rich! I would not have known this was on!  I wouldn't mention it to Joan; didn't she dislike being in movies when she was a kid?

See you next week!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Rich Finegan

Thanks, Rich! I would not have known this was on!  I wouldn't mention it to Joan; didn't she dislike being in movies when she was a kid?

See you next week!

No, I don't think there would be any problem mentioning it to her. I have talked with her several times over the years about her child-actress career, even giving her copies of some of the films and having her sign stills from them. She has never reacted like it was a horrible memory. From what she has told me, I think the best way to put it is that her film career was more her Dad's idea than hers.

Offline curlysdame

Too bad I don't have TCM, I've wanted to see this for a while, just because Joan is in it.  You're right, Rich - it's not that she disliked being in movies, but she did it more for her Dad, to please him.  She does have some great stories though.
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline Rich Finegan

Too bad I don't have TCM, I've wanted to see this for a while, just because Joan is in it.  You're right, Rich - it's not that she disliked being in movies, but she did it more for her Dad, to please him.  She does have some great stories though.
Looking forward to seeing you.
Have a safe & fun trip!
Hey, ya get something I sent you yet?

Offline JazzBill

Bill, I sure do hope it warms up for your ride! It is 43 and raining here in Pittsburgh!

It didn't warm up and it didn't stop raining. Change of plans for me, I'm driving a car this time around.

Offline JazzBill

I had a great time as usual. I was really impressed with Adrian Booth Brian. She was a real trooper. She spent a lot of time signing autographs, and even showed up at the banquet. She really looked like she was enjoying herself. Sally Starr seemed to be enjoying herself also. It was nice to meet both of them.

Offline BeAStooge

Adrian Booth Brian (aka Lorna Gray) at The Stoogeum

(Photo by/courtesy John Elliott)