Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Will Have Rocket, Will Travel get released on DVD?

Offline luke795

Has there been any word if the Three Stooges Columbia Features: Have Rocket Will Travel, The Three Stooges Meet Hercules, The Three Stooges in Orbit, The Three Stooges Go Around the World in a Daze, and The Outlaws Is Coming will get released in a box set?

Offline ProfessorStooge

I find it hard to believe that Have Rocket, Will Travel is still not on DVD. It's the only one from the Curly-Joe era that's not in this format. What are the chances of it being released in a boxed set rather than a standalone DVD?

Offline falsealarms

Fan club member Paul Mular offered this explanation last year:

"Sony shares the rights to HAVE ROCKET WILL TRAVEL with its producer Harry A. Romm, unlike all of the other Columbia Stooges features that were produced by Moe's Son-in-law Norman Maurer.  That is why "ROCKET" has not yet been released to DVD yet. So technically HAVE ROCKET WILL TRAVEL is not a part of the same movie deal as their other Columbia features, we fans just group them together."

xraffle

Interesting. They were able to release it on VHS. I wonder why they couldn't release it on DVD. Oh well. I guess I have to transfer my VHS copy to DVD myself when I have the chance. Good thing I didn't sell that.

Offline HELLOLARRY

Weird....didn't Romm co-own Stop! Look! and Laugh! as well?  That one came out.  mmm?  If anyone caught it when it was on, TCM ran a great looking print of it either last year or year before.  I don't believe it has been on since that initial airing.

Offline Moron4392

• Forever Shemp!!!!!!!!!!
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Hello:

I have everyone of the said Curly-Joe Features.  I do not know if you people deal in the "Black Market" or not, but if you do I can give you the email address of the guy who cut them for me.  I don't know but about a month ago, they were being offered on iOffer.

Hoekstra