Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Crappiest Cartoon Studio

Poll

Which studio released the worst cartoons?

Warner Bros.
0 (0%)
Disney
0 (0%)
MGM
2 (20%)
Hanna-Barbera
4 (40%)
Other (please specify)
4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Btw, the evidence is gone now, but it was me who reccomended you for your high position on the board. You deserve it, fella! :) Of course, my idea of having you as a replacement wasn't followed through on. No surprise there, as a certain someone's blinders must be surgically attached.

Over a year ago, Rob asked if I would agree to database access for the Videography and Calendar pages.  That's been the extent of the so-called "high position" since that time.  Unless Rob has something to clarify for me, I do not have clue # 1 where you figured into it.  And, I have no interest in a global moderator role for this or any website forum(s).

Thank you for the overall compliment.

However, a word of advice.  I am not someone that you would want making decisions over warnings, time-outs and bans.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I loved Fractured Fairy Tales!  Edward Everett Horton's voice was almost hypnotic when I was a kid.  :D

Sony and Image released the first two seasons of ROCKY & BULLWINKLE (1959 - 1961) this past year; season 3 (1961 - 1962) is tentatively due in Spring 2005.

Excellent DVD package, with fully restored and complete films.  Loaded with the view-aschew insanity and pun-laden humor of "Rocky & Bullwinkle," "Fractured Fairy Tales," "Mister Peabody's Improbable History," "Aesop's Tales" and "Dudley Do-Right," and the voices of Paul Frees, William Conrad, Charley Ruggles, Hans Conried, Bill Scott, June Foray and Edward Everett Horton.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Of course, my idea of having you as a replacement wasn't followed through on. No surprise there, as a certain someone's blinders must be surgically attached.

Nice little slam there, Eric.  Lucky for you that I'm a nice guy, or I'd have to muss ya up. 

I just happen to value my own opinion quite a bit more than I do yours.

Over a year ago, Rob asked if I would agree to database access for the Videography and Calendar pages. That's been the extent of the so-called "high position" since that time. Unless Rob has something to clarify for me, I do not have clue # 1 where you figured into it. And, I have no interest in a global moderator role for this or any website forum(s).

Thank you for the overall compliment.

However, a word of advice. I am not someone that you would want making decisions over warnings, time-outs and bans.

I do remember that some time ago, after Team Stooge got underway, Eric recommended that I recognize your contributions, Brent, by making you an Administrator in place of Jim.   Since (a) I had no intention of dropping Jim, and (b) I already knew that you had no desire to be a Moderator or Adminstrator, I simply ignored him.   ::)

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Dude, I'm high; and this is some funny shit.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

I've got a "high position," and this is some funny shit.

Y'know, I don't think I've said "funny shit" since my bong days back in the '70s.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography

I've got a "high position," and this is some funny shit.

Y'know, I don't think I've said "funny shit" since my bong days back in the '70s.

Dude, bongs are nice, but the price of smoke these days....  :-\

With Eric, though, you don't need to be stoned; he's funny as crap even without it!  And once again he's managed to divert a topic to one about himself.

(Ya know I'm gonna hear about that one!)   ::)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2004, 12:08:33 AM by Dunrobin »

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I mean to say that every ounce of HB's quality was gone by the late '60s.

Another anecdote:

During a recent trip to LA, I had the opportunity to speak with Gary Owens for a little bit.  Both of us being a Stooges fan, he mentioned working with Joe Besser on SCOOBY'S LAFF-A-LYMPICS.  To make a long story short, Mr. Owens recognizes his SCOOBY credit as a paying job that gave him the opportunity to work with a lot of friends in the voice-over business... but, he also acknowledged that the show was a terrible piece of animation entertainment.

rvoyttbots

Terrytoons, hands down, especially Deputy Dawg. Ugh! I`ll take HB over Terrytoons anyday. And you haven`t seen truly bad toons unless you`ve seen Hercules from the early 60`s. Mindnumbing. I don`t know who made those crappy things tho. I saw an MGM toon on Turner Classic Movies the other day. It was a Christmas toon and takes place after armageddon and all of mankind is dead and only fuzzy cartoon animals survived. Got to see that one to believe it.

Offline Robbie883

ahahahahahahahahahahahah thats halairous man, thats pretty dull if you ask me!