"That must be Nick Barker.... he's disguised as a black banana."-Shemp

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Sure ... here's one I posted on YouTube ... an amusing outtake

[youtube=425,350]4F-jeIdQwKY[/youtube]
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline ILMM

Ha Ha Ha! I have the DVDs that that clip came from.

Offline 3DStooge

Another fan here! There certainly isn't a shortage of RS DVD's out there. I'm proud to say that I watched first run episodes of his show which was #1 on my TV favorite list. Glad that he later teamed up with Bob Hope and this was featured on one of Hope's TV specials and put on VHS video, A Bob Hope Christmas. Did you know he recorded 2 albums? (1) Red Skelton Conducts[Liberty 3425/7425] and (2) Music from the Heart [Liberty 3477/7477]. Too bad he didn't make any more movies after 1965. I was pretty sure I read in Variety that he was planning to make a nature/animal film in the 1970's but for some reason dropped out. It might have been, Baker's Hawk. Have never read anything to verify this, though.

Offline Boid Brain

Any Red Skelton fans here?
Who's not a fan of Red Skeleton? If you go back a few pages you will find a "Who am I" post on the man....revealing stuff from Aurthur Marx, Groucho's son. Red in reality was an incredibly flawed man. A drunken paranoid, he made life a living hell for his writers. (And his wives)

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Who's not a fan of Red Skeleton?

I'm not; personally I find him to be a bit too corny and one of those comedians that tried to force his comedy down your throat (if that makes any sense).
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline ILMM

I'm not; personally I find him to be a bit too corny and one of those comedians that tried to force his comedy down your throat (if that makes any sense).

Red Skelton's at His best when He's ad libbing and goofing around.

Offline metaldams

I have to be honest and say I never saw a Red Skelton movie.

I know Buster Keaton lended him a lot of his old gags and thought Skelton was a good physical comedian who wasted his talents on radio.
- Doug Sarnecky