Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Joe Besser: 1912? - 1988

Since today is the anniversary of Joe's passing, I note that the header on the website says "Joe Besser 1912-1988." His cast member bio also gives the 1912 birthdate.

Wasn't Joe actually born in 1907?
"Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day." -- Samuel Goldwyn

The people who have your best interests at heart...
...are generally not the ones telling you whatever you want to hear.

Offline JazzBill

Since today is the anniversary of Joe's passing, I note that the header on the website says "Joe Besser 1912-1988." His cast member bio also gives the 1912 birthdate.

Wasn't Joe actually born in 1907?

In the book "Once A Stooge-Always A Stooge" he lists it as Aug. 12 1907.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Final Shemp

• I'm sawin' a saw in half with a saw, see?
  • Applehead
I always had this sort of small pride that I shared a birthdate with Joe Besser.  August 12th, that is.  Not 1907.  I'd be so old right now.

Yes, he's my least favorite Stooge, but to actually have something in common with a Stooge always made me feel special.

Offline 3DStooge

I came across his birthdate of 1907 while trying to identify one of his short films on IMDb. What I really needed was a photo from the film, which this site thankfully has. It was on WPIX TV Sunday night and I had missed the opening credits. Being a big Stooges fan yet always missing the Besser shorts bothered me so it was important to identify that short! It was "Quiz Whiz", and very enjoyable viewing. [3stooges]