Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

What is the average IQ of a Three Stooges fan?

metaldams · 76 · 36543

Offline metaldams

Do any of you long time and and semi-long time regulars get the feeling having a near average, average, or high IQ is not the norm for a Three Stooges fan?  I am amazed by the amount of morons with bad grammar that are posting on this board as of late. They ask the dumbest questions and then get snippy when somebody rightfully calls them on it.  I mean, some of the questions are alright (like the guy who wanted somebody to identify HIGHER THAN A KITE seemed cool), but for every person like that, there are about ten morons making me embarressed to even be here.  Jim, Pilsner, and especially Rob are doing a great job on this site, but unfortunately, there is only so much they can control.

Look, we all make spelling and grammar mistakes or say uninformed things at times, we're human after all, but the idiocy around here is unbelievable.  I remember back in the days when I walked ten miles to school in a snowstorm with nothing but my stocking feet, there used to be a diverse and fun group of SEVERAL posters, and most of them at least had a brain.  The ones that didn't were at least funny. 

Forgive me for my rant, but somebody had to say this.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Right on, Doug! The Stooges played idiots in their shorts, perhaps the idiots who make their way here feel a bond to them.

We've done all we can, with the Posting Guidelines in particular. Nothing we can do, however, retards will continue to come to this site. Retards will continue to shitty grammar in their posts which also contain spelling errors. Retards will continue to ask questions that are either so fucking idiotic they are downright laughable, or have been asked a million times. Retards will continue to start meaningless/repetitive threads when Cardinal Message Board Rule #1 states that is better to reply to an old thread than to start a new one.

So I make the call to you Doug, and the rest of you good posters out there. When you see a retarded post, flame the hell out of the person who posted it. Gang up and dogpile these fuckers: make it a genuine blitzkrieg. You yourself will not get in trouble for justifiably flaming a post that deserves it.

So in conclusion, if you see a stupid post before Pils, Rob, or myself do, flame to your hearts content. When we see the thread the offending poster will be dealt with.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
If you can remember WAY-WAY back when there only existed 2400bps modems and chat rooms called BBS's (bulletin-board service), in those days the only people brave enough to post were folks who could spell and had decent grammer. (for the most part) Nowadays, the posters can type much faster than I can (I'm still a hunt-and-peck typist) but are careless in watching how their prose appears on screen.

Now I don't want to appear hedonistic, but a well defined sentence (hence, a thought) is much prefered by myself than the sycophantic, obsequious, ingratiating prattlings I observe on this and other sites.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Unfortunately, Doug, I don't think the problem is limited to Three Stooges fans; it's become endemic throughout the country.  The government schools stopped educating decades ago, and we're seeing the result (while the Orwellian police state materializes right before our eyes.)

About 15 years ago, when I was the Purchasing Agent for a manufacturing company in the metro Detroit area, I was shanghaied into interviewing job applicants for work in the plant.  I was shocked at the amount of ignorance displayed; not stupidity, mind you, but rather an appalling lack of knowledge from high school graduates.

The company manufacturws custom-made industrial rolling steel doors, like the ones you see at loading docks, etc.  Needless to say, it was vital that everyone working in the plant understood how to measure things correctly, so of course we tested applicants' ability to read a tape measure.  Many were incapable of finding the correct measurements, but one applicant has always stuck in my mind.  When asked to locate six and seven-eighths inches on the tape measure, he quickly pointed to the 6, 7 and 8" marks and proudly said, "six and seven eights."  (He didn't get the job.)   ::)

My sister-in-law's nephew is a natural-born mechanic, and I have a lot of respect for his talents, but he is an unfortunately typical example of the modern school system.  About 10 or 12 years ago, he decided to apply for a position as a draftsman.  He brought the application home so he could get help filling it out (something a lot of companies have stopped doing; they prefer to see you fill it out in person to know if you can write.)  The problem was that he didn't even know how to spell "draftsman."  It's going to be hard to get a job if you can't even spell the job title.   :-\

We all see it everywhere, these days.  The store clerks who can't made change, fast food restaurants that use picture menu cash registers, since their employees can't read;  the uneducated are rapidly becoming the norm.

However, I can take some steps to help rein in the problem here on ThreeStooges.net.  For instance, I just changed the permissions for new members (Porcupines.)  They can no longer start new topics - they can only reply to topics.  They will have to advance to Grapehead, after 25* replies, before they can start creating new topics.

And, as Jim suggested, feel free to flame those who deserve it.  You can also click on the "Report to Moderator" link to bring a post to our attention.

If you, or any of the veteran board members, are interested in helping out as Moderators, let me know.

*  The requiremet was changed to 10 posts in order to advance to Grapehead.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 08:22:19 PM by Dunrobin »

Pilsner Panther

Oh, there's an endless supply of half-bright stewballs out there, I think that's pretty obvious by now. Rob, Jim and I do our best to keep the quality of the posts up, but these people are never going to stop coming out of the woodwork, I'm convinced of that.

I didn't even set out to be a moderator when I first joined this board; I just sort of fell into it because there was a need there, and my journalistic background does happen to qualify me to legitimately critique people's writing.

The three of us have never worked out any formal guidelines, but the way the moderating process has evolved, when I spot an offender I start by giving them some helpful hints or gentle correction. Then, if they don't shape up, Jim or (sometimes) Rob comes down on them harder.

My theory on what causes all this illiteracy we've been seeing lately is the horrible state of the American public school system. Back in the 70's when I was a wee sprout, you could get a perfectly good education in the public schools, but those days are gone (hopefully not forever, but the prospects for improvement don't look good at the moment).

Another factor is the popularity of the hip-hop culture among today's kids. Like it or not, we have to face the fact that it glorifies ignorance and puts down the value of education— that's what Bill Cosby's been talking about lately, and he's 100% right.

There's nothing I can do about that (I wish I could), but I can at least do my part in keeping the crap off the board here and making sure that we continue to have quality discussions!

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
A perfect example of the state that the government and its' schools are in:

Student arrested for threatening school with zombie invasion
(Category: Kentucky )

Student Arrested For Terroristic Threatening Says Incident A Misunderstanding

William Poole, a junior at George Rogers Clark High School, was arrested Tuesday for making terroristic threats against his school.

Poole told LEX 18 that the whole incident is a big misunderstanding. He claims that what his grandparents found in his journal and turned into police was a short story he wrote for English class.

"My story is based on fiction," said Poole, who faces a second-degree felony terrorist threatening charge. "It's a fake story. I made it up. I've been working on one of my short stories, (and) the short story they found was about zombies. Yes, it did say a high school. It was about a high school over ran by zombies."

Even so, police say the nature of the story makes it a felony. "Anytime you make any threat or possess matter involving a school or function it's a felony in the state of Kentucky," said Winchester Police detective Steven Caudill.

The short story did not mention Poole's school, any teachers, the principal or any cops, officials or students.

His bail was raised from one to five thousand dollars at the request of prosecutors because of the "seriousness of the crime".

There is no mention of the school itself being involved here. This madness seems to be 100% from the police.

Winchester Government contact information:
Mayor Dodd Dixon
Chief of Police W.M.Jackson II - Phone: 1-859-745-7400, Fax: 1-859-745-7404

SOURCE:  http://zerointelligence.net/archives/000347.php

Do I really need to say more? This line says it all:

His bail was raised from one to five thousand dollars at the request of prosecutors because of the "seriousness of the crime".

They're got to be f**king kidding me! Zombies?

And his grandparents turned him in!
 [faint2]

Offline metaldams

I'll never forget when I was a senior in high school working as a bagger in a grocery store.  The cashier asked me how to make 50 cents change!  She had to be in her late teens or early twenties at the time, and until then, I didn't think it was possible for such stupidity to exist.

As far as education goes, I appreciate not everybody can be an expert, or even good, on every topic.  For example, I probably don't know enough about history or government to Rob's liking 'cause it's not a favorite topic of mine, (though I know the basics, which is more than I can say for people I work with who don't know when the Civil War even took place), and as far as science goes, I'm a total idiot.  I also understand some people aren't good spellers or good at math.  Some people aren't smart in certain areas because they have no natural capacity for it, lack a natural interest in the topic, or weren't educated well enough.  Whatever the case, no matter how bad in math or grammar you are, I think one should at least be able to make 50 cents change or know to use capital letters when starting a sentence and a period or question mark when ending one.  That isn't a lack of education, that's a lack of self-motivation and common sense.
- Doug Sarnecky

Pilsner Panther

Oh, for crying out loud, Rob, this only proves that the school "authorities" don't posess one tiny scrap of sense. It's no wonder that the students are turning out the way they are.

[splat]

And this little (h.s. junior, 16-year-old?) "criminal's" own grandparents turned him in. So much for "Family Values!" I'd imagine that a 15- or 16-year-old isn't exactly a child— I wasn't at that age— and that he just might know what he's doing when he writes a piece of what is clearly, fiction. As he says.

Where's that Rat Fink picture? I know I've got it in my files somewhere—

It goes out to those grandparents... Major Rat Finks!

Besides, the last time I called a zombie attack, none of them showed up... what a bunch of stiffs!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 26, 2005, 04:13:41 AM by Pilsner Panther »

Offline uncivilwarrior

Pilsner Panther

Don't know but to me loving the stooges gives a higher IQ.... ;D

Judging by your signature pic, you're USMC, and you guys almost always do have a much higher IQ than the general average...

Not to mention, more stamina!

;)

Offline uncivilwarrior

I wanted a avatar of Curly of Uncivil Warrior but couldn't find one("the corona,the corona,but I
only found half of it')-I don't think much todays generation know about the Three stooges-I try
to teach the Gospel of Laughter-me and 2 of my other best friends we reciet old Stooges sayings
Curly my favorite-but he wasn't nothing without his 2 Buds Moe&Larry-I wish I could go back in time give that Lug a Hug-and tell him to live well and take care of himself but he was always having fun and theres nothing wrong with that wished there where Women who loved the Stooges :D....
 Spelling, spacing, and grammar. I'll cut a U.S. Marine some slack, but not an unlimited amount!

Pilsner Panther

I wanted a avatar of Curly of Uncivil Warrior but couldn't find one("the corona,the corona,but I
only found half of it')-I don't think much todays generation know about the Three stooges-I try
to teach the Gospel of Laughter-me and 2 of my other best friends we reciet old Stooges sayings
Curly my favorite-but he wasn't nothing without his 2 Buds Moe&Larry-I wish I could go back in time give that Lug a Hug-and tell him to live well and take care of himself but he was always having fun and theres nothing wrong with that wished there where Women who loved the Stooges :D....

Okay, I've been wrong before— and no doubt I'll be wrong again, at some point... it's inevitable.

:o

Offline uncivilwarrior

Well-just to say that yes I was a Jar-Head-served in the 1st Gulf War.
I hope what I did post didn't offend anybody-I got an email warning from this site-well anyways I did want a Curly avatar-from Uncivil Warriors in his Civil war uniform-just hard to find pics around the net to make one.As far as my grammer yes it's not to good-well I'm not a good at typing either so please cut me some slack Gents. ;)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2005, 01:58:48 PM by uncivilwarrior »

Pilsner Panther

Well-just to say that yes I was a Jar-Head-served in the 1st Gulf War.
I hope what I did post didn't offend anybody-I got an email warning from this site-well anyways I did want a Curly avatar-from Uncivil Warriors in his Civil war uniform-just hard to find pics around the net to make one... :o

And I'm the last person who would ever give a military veteran a hard time, believe me... I hold a U.S. Army Medical Corps decoration myself. Please, just watch the typing and the spelling. I'm taking the warning off— this post was a lot more readable than your last one!

[thumbsup]

Offline wallawalla

• Grapehead
  • I think the goat walked right through it, I'm sure
I can't speak for myself, but my friends who are Stooges fans are quite intelligent. In fact, one of them pointed me to this board! The problem isn't that Stooges fans are imbeciles, but there are too many people who have nothing to say, yet they must find a message board to say it on. Your board seems well moderated so I doubt you'll be overrun by idjits; you know, the kind who think garage is spelled "g-a-r-a-j". ;)

The 25-post minimum to be able to start a new topic is kind of harsh, though.

Offline FineBari3

Do any of you long time and and semi-long time regulars get the feeling having a near average, average, or high IQ is not the norm for a Three Stooges fan?  I am amazed by the amount of morons with bad grammar that are posting on this board as of late. They ask the dumbest questions and then get snippy when somebody rightfully calls them on it.  I mean, some of the questions are alright (like the guy who wanted somebody to identify HIGHER THAN A KITE seemed cool), but for every person like that, there are about ten morons making me embarressed to even be here.  Jim, Pilsner, and especially Rob are doing a great job on this site, but unfortunately, there is only so much they can control.

My IQ is 120!!!

(It probably was more before college!!)

Lets face it, they do not focus on grammar and spelling much in school anymore. I taught social studies for a little bit back in 1999-2000, and I couldnt believe how terrible the students grammar was!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline FineBari3

If you can remember WAY-WAY back when there only existed 2400bps modems and chat rooms called BBS's (bulletin-board service), in those days the only people brave enough to post were folks who could spell and had decent grammer. .

I was on usenet back in 1990....yeah, everybody was a college or computer nerd!!!

I remember when aol got access to usenet, and we used to all make fun of the morons that would post with @aol.com on their address!!!

Ahhh.....memories!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Stoop

[. . . ] 
Look, we all make spelling and grammar mistakes or say uninformed things at times, we're human after all, but the idiocy around here is unbelievable.  I remember back in the days when I walked ten miles to school in a snowstorm with nothing but my stocking feet, there used to be a diverse and fun group of SEVERAL posters, and most of them at least had a brain.  The ones that didn't were at least funny. 

If I remember correctly, and I think I do, my first few posts sucked (and I sincerely apologize). I know that not everyone can spell perfectly, I still can’t. Thus, I used to be sympathetic toward the spelling and grammar challenged. But after giving it much thought I found no reason as to why someone would neglect to simply reread their posts.

Then I ran across this: IE spell check (yes, for IE only sorry), for the lazyasses that can’t reread or cut and paste their posts from a word processor.

Hopefully this will help someone . . . but I doubt that it will rid the world of bad spellers.  :-\
It takes an estimated 2,893 licks to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop.

Offline wakkyjaky

I belive that the IQ of stooge fans are much higher than the people who run this country.

Bush who launched us into an unnessary war has a lower IQ than Curly.

I have been a Stooge fan ever since I was a child and my IQ is average for a person my age.

Back then the Stooges were saying something to the people who lived back then just like comics of today say things about what goes on in our world. They just did it in their own wakky way to get peoples attention and they sure did. The Stooges have been loved through many generations. For seventy years the Stooges have been around in one way or another.

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
I can't speak for myself, but my friends who are Stooges fans are quite intelligent. In fact, one of them pointed me to this board! The problem isn't that Stooges fans are imbeciles, but there are too many people who have nothing to say, yet they must find a message board to say it on. Your board seems well moderated so I doubt you'll be overrun by idjits; you know, the kind who think garage is spelled "g-a-r-a-j". ;)

The 25-post minimum to be able to start a new topic is kind of harsh, though.

I don't understand the minimum post requirement either (although I think it was 15 when I just registered) unless it was designed to keep out spammers.

But do I need to make 15 or 25 replies to ask my question? That seems counterproductive. Well anyway I Googled this site up while trying to find out the answer to this (and my memory is fuzzy):

Either Curly or Moe says to a head-hunter chef "Hi Snowflake"

The Chef replies "Me no snowflake".

...and so on.

Was that in "Some more of Samoa"?

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
The question about the quote I cannot answer, so I'll leave it to someone more knowledgeable on such matters.

The queries about the minimum post requirements I can answer, though. The minimum post requirement has been lowered to ten. It is in place due to the fact that we have had so many stupid or repeated threads started. I cannot tell you how annoying it is to have 10 different threads asking about the Alphabet Song or 50 different threads about the Niagara Falls routine. It is also to give newbies a chance to understand the ins and outs of posting at this site (such as starting new threads when there are existing threads on your subject is frowned down upon).

Is it fair to people like yourself? No; probably not. Is it necessary to keep the retards from flooding the board with idiotic threads? Unfortunately, yes it is.

I'll tell you what I'm going to do, James (smart parents, gave you a great name): I'm going to start a thread titled "Ask Team Stooge". This thread will be for newbies like yourself that want to ask a question then split, and can be answered by Team Stooge members or anyone who knows the answer.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
That's cool, Shemps#1. I've run a message board in the past so I understand "Asked and Answered".

I did a search on "snowflake" and didn't find anything. Then later I saw the posts about the 10/15/25 minimum. I think the registration page said 15.

Impressive website on Stooge history. I'll be poking around some more.

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
That's cool, Shemps#1. I've run a message board in the past so I understand "Asked and Answered".

I did a search on "snowflake" and didn't find anything. Then later I saw the posts about the 10/15/25 minimum. I think the registration page said 15.

Impressive website on Stooge history. I'll be poking around some more.

James

Thanks for the reminder, James; when I lowered the requirement to 10 posts, I forgot to change the Registration agreement.  I've updated it now.

The "Me no Snowflake" line comes from "Some More of Samoa", but it's spoken by the native that Moe and Larry meet in the jungle.  (I don't think that he's the Chef in the later scene, but I could be wrong.)

Offline wagy52

Well?..I stumbled upon this site by accident.....What is the friggin average IQ of Stooges fans???????????????..I'm getting irritated because I was doing a search on average IQ's and clicked on one of the search results, WHICH WAS THIS, and it said "AVERAGE IQ OF 3 STOOGES FANS".....So I'm here...haven't seen the answer yet....just alot self indulgent blabbing about much of nothing...I dunno, maybe I'm a spaz or lazy...I was just curious about the above subject, since my wife recently bought me a DVD pack of the 3 stooges, despite the fact she doesn't comprehend the attraction...she doesn't prefer british humor either.....kinda strange, cuz she's a world class practicle joker....

Offline Stoop

Well?..I stumbled upon this site by accident.....What is the friggin average IQ of Stooges fans???????????????..I'm getting irritated because I was doing a search on average IQ's and clicked on one of the search results, WHICH WAS THIS, and it said "AVERAGE IQ OF 3 STOOGES FANS".....So I'm here...haven't seen the answer yet....just alot self indulgent blabbing about much of nothing...I dunno, maybe I'm a spaz or lazy...I was just curious about the above subject, since my wife recently bought me a DVD pack of the 3 stooges, despite the fact she doesn't comprehend the attraction...she doesn't prefer british humor either.....kinda strange, cuz she's a world class practicle joker....

Uh, I think you just answered your own question. . . whatever that was.
It takes an estimated 2,893 licks to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop.