Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Laurel and Hardy Box Set

Offline Killer Killduff

Hope I did this right.  I'm kind of a rookie and not quite sure how to start a new topic.  I have been in contact with a representative from RHI video and Richard Bann from the official Laurel and Hardy website and a new DVD box set is in the works for 2011. It was supposed to be released in 2010, but was delayed for some reason.  According to Richard Bann, this set will include all of the Hal Roach talking shorts (1929 - 1935) as well as all of the Hal Roach era features (1931 - 1940).  He said it was too early to have a concrete release date or any info on special features.  Just thought I would pass this along.  Will update if I hear any more.

Offline falsealarms

Hope I did this right.  I'm kind of a rookie and not quite sure how to start a new topic.  I have been in contact with a representative from RHI video and Richard Bann from the official Laurel and Hardy website and a new DVD box set is in the works for 2011. It was supposed to be released in 2010, but was delayed for some reason.  According to Richard Bann, this set will include all of the Hal Roach talking shorts (1929 - 1935) as well as all of the Hal Roach era features (1931 - 1940).  He said it was too early to have a concrete release date or any info on special features.  Just thought I would pass this along.  Will update if I hear any more.

I'd buy that in a heartbeat... but I'm not going to get my hopes up. All that stuff should have been released in region 1 years ago.

Offline Shempington

Why has it taken so long for L&Hs works to be released in Region 1 format?
Paul

Offline falsealarms

Why has it taken so long for L&Hs works to be released in Region 1 format?

Probably a combination of money and plain idiocy.

Offline metaldams

Probably a combination of money and plain idiocy.

"Black and white movies don't sell unless John Wayne is in them," a Hallmark rep allegedly said.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Final Shemp

• I'm sawin' a saw in half with a saw, see?
  • Applehead
Then just label them "Laurel & Hardy:  Starring John Wayne!"

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
That's a cool quote, not necessarily that old B&W movies sell poorly (that sucks) but the quote itself is cool.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown