Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2000 Music Thread

Curly4444 · 77 · 15920

Dog Hambone

Dog, don’t leave out the 50s.  Pizzarelli’s playing here reminds me of Les Paul as played here by Jeff Beck:

RICO0987, thanks for that one. I really enjoyed it! Being a keyboard player, I've played How High The Moon countless times but it was never even close to being a favorite of mine. However this makeover is just what the song needed. Those are some great musicians playing with Jeff Beck, too! 

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I'm listening to the track from Chinese Democracy right now and I have to ask: are there any better songs on the album? I'm not digging this one so much.

I like the UYI albums more than Appetite. The UYIs were opuses and I feel as though the group refined their sound to a tee by then.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Here you go Dog, I found something you'll probably like. Hardly anybody knows of this group so you don't have to worry about them actually being popular, and I learned of them off of a blog entitled "Pretentious music, for pretentious people".

[youtube=425,350]rR6w9Nxbqic[/youtube]
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Curly4444

I'm listening to the track from Chinese Democracy right now and I have to ask: are there any better songs on the album? I'm not digging this one so much.

I like the UYI albums more than Appetite. The UYIs were opuses and I feel as though the group refined their sound to a tee by then.

Do you Have a library near you? Ours allows you to check out tons of music cd's, including this one.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
A li-what? I never done heard of no liberry before!

Actually I was just curious if that was representative of the best of Chinese Democracy without having to listen to the whole album. I can easily listen to it and know how, lol.

Dog Hambone

Here you go Dog, I found something you'll probably like. Hardly anybody knows of this group so you don't have to worry about them actually being popular, and I learned of them off of a blog entitled "Pretentious music, for pretentious people".

Uh oh, I think I've been insulted by an Alice in Chains fan. My head is hanging in shame...

Here's a shemps#1 quote from another thread: "I dunno X, I think we should all take a page from Dog's playbook and post in threads that don't interest us telling the people who are interested who we think the subject is boring/stupid. After all, I'm sure the people who post on the 'name that classic line' thread are on needles and pins waiting for me to post over there telling them how I don't like it when fans quote the Stooges because it takes the funny out of the line.
I thought I would not disrupt the discussion with my two cents and just leave them alone, but perhaps I should rethink that and act like a dick instead."   

Thanks for that, shemps#1. You're inconsistent but you're nothing if not predictable!
 For being a pretentious asshole. S#1

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Yeah because Alice In Chains can't compare to John Whatshisfuck Jazz Guitarist. After all, Alice In Chains must be terrible because they managed to sell more than a few albums.
Thanks Dog, you're nothing if not a pretentious fucktard!

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
As an aside I do find the topic interesting, you asswipe. I cannot like 2000's music but find discussion about it interesting, you pretentious jizz stain.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Maybe we could take a hint from the baseball thread & subtitle this thread "For Those of Us Who Care".

For me, the only thing duller than actually watching an NBA game is having to endure boring conversations about retired (or even current) players.

Is it just me or is there anyone else who dislikes professional basketball? 

That's from you from the exact same thread you pulled my quote from. Now you show me where I said that talk about music in general or music from the 2000's doesn't interest me. Damn, not only are you pretentious but you're an idiot as well. I can't stand people like you in the real world or the cyber world.

Dog Hambone

I'm somewhat surprised you didn't end your series of posts with "So there! Nyah!". It would have fitted right in.

You can warn me or ban me for saying so, it's irrelevant to me, but you should strongly consider seeing a mental health counselor and/or take an anger management class. lt's painfully obvious you are leading a very miserable existence and I pity you.   

Ask and ye shall receive - S#1

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Spare me your alleged "pity", I don't have need for it. I pity losers like you that somehow feel they better than others because they "buck the trend" and don't "follow popular opinion".

(In my best Thurston Powell impersonation)

"I can't be bothered with what the proletariat likes, I'm much better than you peons because I like artists no one has heard of. I can't be bothered with Metal or Alice In Chains. I am above the masses...the hoi polloi".

You know something, I pity you because you are obviously a dick and people who are dicks have little to no friends. You added absolutely nothing to this site in your 600 posts except to mostly snipe at Boid Brain, yet now you're gone and he's still here. I've commented on the musical taste of other people before, but in no way would I say that I am above or better than say Curly4444 because he likes music that I do not. In fact I think Quad 4's is a cool dude. You're the one who needs help because I'm pretty sure this isn't the first social circle you've alienated yourself from.

P.S. Go fuck yourself.

I told you Quad 4's: sometimes they ask to be banned.

Offline Curly4444

In fact I think Quad 4's is a cool dude.
you know it.

I told you Quad 4's: sometimes they ask to be banned.

You said it, and i didn't believe you, but i was wrong.  :-\

Hey, shemps#1 were you looking for this?? You could have used it your post above.

Offline JazzBill

Try as I did, I even googled music of the 2000s. I couldn't find anything that I find new or worthy of posting. Some of the stuff is OK but nothing that really mattered to me.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Curly4444

I like any music except for Rap, Some R&B, Jazz, and Hiphop.

Offline JazzBill

I like any music except for Rap, Some R&B, Jazz, and Hiphop.

I can't believe rap has lasted this long. There's a couple by the Beastie Boys I can tolerate but other than that ?

Offline metaldams

I can't believe rap has lasted this long. There's a couple by the Beastie Boys I can tolerate but other than that ?

Rap has lasted a long time, but the rappers themselves don't have long music careers.  If they have long careers, they branch out into other areas, like movies and TV (see Snoop Dog, Ice-T) or production and mogul status (see Dr. Dre).
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline JazzBill

Rap has lasted a long time, but the rappers themselves don't have long music careers.  If they have long careers, they branch out into other areas, like movies and TV (see Snoop Dog, Ice-T) or production and mogul status (see Dr. Dre).

Good point,  I never looked at it that way.

Offline metaldams

Good point,  I never looked at it that way.

I once read an interview with Chuck D of Public Enemy, a true pioneer of rap, and he was complaining that Public Enemy should have the respect of The Rolling Stones or The Who in the rap community, but the fact is rap fans (as a whole, I'm sure there are exceptions) only care about the flavor of the month and have zero sense of rap history.

I was born in 1978 but I still love The Beatles, Black Sabbath, and lots of other classic rock bands.  You rarely see that in rap fans.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Although it's from the current decade and not the 2000's here's a newer song I like. This guy Hugo, who sounds an awful lot like Robert Plant, covering Jay-Z's 99 Problems.

[youtube=425,350]Fam5b1W8R_s[/youtube]

Offline Curly4444

Although it's from the current decade and not the 2000's here's a newer song I like. This guy Hugo, who sounds an awful lot like Robert Plant, covering Jay-Z's 99 Problems

Well, since the 2010's is only in its 2 year, this thread is for everything 2000+.

Offline Liz

• Donald O'Connor's and Gene Kelly's #1 Fan
  • Puddinhead
    • The Psycho Ward's Classic Film Reviews - Request a film to be reviewed!
Ugh...I really hate being a kid during this era because of the music, but somehow I have managed to like Green Day.

"21st Century Breakdown":

[youtube=425,350]D4ZKlT1EvCA[/youtube]

And of course, there's the BSB and N*SYNC stuff from '01 (plus my favorite song from N*SYNC's No Strings Attached in '00).

"The Call"

[youtube=425,350]7XuVXeLaKNU[/youtube]

"Not For Me":

[youtube=425,350]hBJIlAF5gsM[/youtube]

And my personal favorite from Black & Blue, "The Answer to Our Life":
[youtube=425,350]vZvr-BfdU34[/youtube]

"Selfish", my favorite song off of Celebrity:
[youtube=425,350]5SBjcviIayI[/youtube]

"This I Promise You":
[youtube=425,350]e3pzIzlcCMs[/youtube]
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
You are so lucky you're a girl, otherwise I'd seriously clown you for your musical taste.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Fatboy Slim - That Old Pair of Jeans:

[youtube=425,350]8pIm3GQUWdM[/youtube]

Fatboy Slim - Weapon of Choice:

[youtube=425,350]sMZwZiU0kKs[/youtube]

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
A likable first 10 of the 21st ...

[youtube=425,350]rV8NHsmVMPE[/youtube]
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.