Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Maybe Jordan was no myth after all (warning: basketball content)

Offline metaldams

I always wondered why "spook" was racist black term. After all, ghosts are portrayed as white.

As somebody who has seen way too mant silent comedies, I also have seen the stereotypes of the day.  If you see a black character in a silent comedy, chances are you'll see a ghost appear and you'll see the black character go all Dudley Dickerson on us, wide-eyed and scared, and then run away.  Hence, they are "spooked."

The whole idea of the white outfits and hoods from the KKK is based on this same premise.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Boid Brain

The stupidest PI term is "midget". You can't call a midget a midget any more!

Offline Curly4444

Offline ILMM

I've read that the only white equivalent to the "N-word" is to be called Racist, and I agree.
"That must be Nick Barker.... he's disguised as a black banana."-Shemp

Offline Curly4444

I've read that the only white equivalent to the "N-word" is to be called Racist, and I agree.

Bull-crap. Since were white, all racial slurs yelled at us are not racist, and don't compare to the "N-word"? You call me cracker, white trailer trash, redneck, or honkie to my face, ill get just as pissed as if i were black and nigger was yelled at me.

Offline ILMM

Bull-crap. Since were white, all racial slurs yelled at us are not racist, and don't compare to the "N-word"? You call me cracker, white trailer trash, redneck, or honkie to my face, ill get just as pissed as if i were black and nigger was yelled at me.

Just my personal opinion, I've never been offended by the word "cracker", white trailer trash and redneck are more regional
and social insults, and before this thread I don't think I would have known what the word "honkie" would have ment[SP?].
But then, nobody has ever tried to insult me by calling me any thing like that.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 01:55:48 PM by BeAStooge »

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
"Honkey" is spelled with an E-Y at the end, and "meant" is spelled with an A in the middle.

Life is too short to get offended by a certain word, in my opinion. I've got better things to worry about than whether somebody calls me a cracker or not.

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline ILMM

Sorry about my spelling, It was late at night and I was in a hurry.
I think I messed up my quote too, It didn't show up in a box.

Offline JazzBill

I know I posted this a long time ago, but there are a lot of new faces since then. Chappelle had a great show.

[youtube=425,350]PtqqMchhUkw[/youtube]
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Sorry about my spelling, It was late at night and I was in a hurry.
I think I messed up my quote too, It didn't show up in a box.

Don't worry about it, you asked for proper spelling but I wasn't sure which one you wanted it for, lol.

I love Chappelle's Show.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Boid Brain

Don't worry about it, you asked for proper spelling but I wasn't sure which one you wanted it for, lol.

I love Chappelle's Show.
I have mixed feelings about the Chappelle show...too many commercials and too many shitty skits. But I DO have a fave skit.....Paul Mooney's "Negrogamus" made a joke about Wayne Brady: "Wayne Brady makes Brian Gumble look like Malcolm X"

Brady was crushed by the skit, and it got back to Dave. He was sorry that it hurt Brady so bad, and as a result he invited him on the show to do a skit with him. It WAS funny! Enjoy...

Offline Final Shemp

• I'm sawin' a saw in half with a saw, see?
  • Applehead
Chappelle's Show, while I don't watch it religiously, justified it's existence with that skit of the blind black man who was a member of the KKK.  That was brilliant.

Offline metaldams

Chappelle's Show, while I don't watch it religiously, justified it's existence with that skit of the blind black man who was a member of the KKK.  That was brilliant.

Oh yeah, I did see that skit years ago and I still remember it.  Absolutely hysterical!
- Doug Sarnecky